COMPLETED: Hartford 21

Cotuit

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Hartford finally has got into the act of other major cities by having a highrise residential building. Now all we need is a dozen more with some grocery stores and other businesses that will truly make this a walkable city people can live and work in. Cities like Sydney, Toronto and Vancouver have gotten it right, hopefully Hartford will follow.

• 1 month later...

There's a Dave and Busters about three miles from my house. It a really big arcade with a bar and some pool tables. You'll go once and then forget about it for months.

It is filled with very loud 11-year olds. It's the kind of place that would be perfect for Buckland Mall rather than downtown.

There's a Dave and Busters about three miles from my house. It a really big arcade with a bar and some pool tables. You'll go once and then forget about it for months.

It is filled with very loud 11-year olds. It's the kind of place that would be perfect for Buckland Mall rather than downtown.

To my knowledge D&B is a bar. The only time I went to one, nobody under 21 was being admitted. I think a D&B would be perfect Downtown. What do you think that the 21- 30 year old crowd should do everyweek? Hang out at Max's and TK as if that was actually fun. There is a difference between elegant and stiff and relaxed and fun. We have plenty of elegant establishments and surely could use a few more, however we have less of a selection of fun, laid back places in my opinion. These are the places that will really get people interested in living Downtown.

I love the virtual construction on the website....H21 is very sleek and I'm anxious to see how well they do with leases. It will give me something ( market-wise) to compare to rather than my warm climate boom town condo/apt doomsday analogy postings in the RI forum.Very cool!

As far as Dave & Buster's is concerned, you have to be 25 just to enter the one here. Kids can go with parents but it is hardly a kids joint. It actually brings more college kids than anything. Wouldn't that be great for the college kids in Htfd that rarely hang out downtown? It's certainly not my cup of tea, but it does appeal to the masses and is a unique attraction.

I love the virtual construction on the website....H21 is very sleek and I'm anxious to see how well they do with leases. It will give me something ( market-wise) to compare to rather than my warm climate boom town condo/apt doomsday analogy postings in the RI forum.Very cool!

As far as Dave & Buster's is concerned, you have to be 25 just to enter the one here. Kids can go with parents but it is hardly a kids joint. It actually brings more college kids than anything. Wouldn't that be great for the college kids in Htfd that rarely hang out downtown? It's certainly not my cup of tea, but it does appeal to the masses and is a unique attraction.

Yes, that certainly would be great. More college kids hanging out in Hartford, translates to more living in Hartford.

Maybe it's 21 like you said but I've never seen a kid there after 6PM. They have impromptu functions. There is a huge arcade, bar, restaurant , and pool hall. It might be ill-suited for the ground floor of H21 but would fit well on Front St. somewhere. The H21 residents might want something a tad more upscale.

I went to the one at the Palisaides Mall in NY, and got carded. I think the rule there was, kids are good to go before 9PM, after that it's 21^, but they didn't kick out kids that were in there prior to (PM. I remember having a blast, wondering why we don't have one, and worrying about getting across the highway to my hotel while smashed out of my gord....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived