Bye bye Luby's

Mudbugger

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Wasn't Lubys bought out by Picadilly a long time ago?

Picadilly can barely run their own company....buying out Lubys was a bad idea. This chain as well as every other cafeteria has been going down hill because of poor business and marketing decisions for at least a decade.

Wasn't Lubys bought out by Picadilly a long time ago?

Picadilly can barely run their own company....buying out Lubys was a bad idea. This chain as well as every other cafeteria has been going down hill because of poor business and marketing decisions for at least a decade.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd just piggyback on this one with the negative news of the Wet Willies daiquiri bar closing its location in downtown's miserable failure, Red River District. It was a shame to see this happen, as I really enjoyed their daiquiris back when RRD was insanely busy on the weekends. To go from pulling in $100,000/month to only $10,000/month has to be tough for the owners, though I do admit I wish they'd open in the Boardwalk's entertainment district rather than close altogether. But perhaps they tried, and with them basically being an outdoor, open-air bar, the Boardwalk turned them down? Who knows.

RIP Wet Willie's! You WILL be missed by me...

Archived