Voting Today in South Carolina

monsoon

11 minus 16 equals negative 5. I don't understand. Richland County retains the highest percentage of college graduates in the state according to stats I saw the other day, and data show SC voters with high levels of education went for Obama. So whether it's a lower level of education or some other factor that makes Greenville and Spartanburg counties vote GOP, if they had voted DEM Obama would have won SC.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's no ones place to say one vote is more right than another.

16% increase CAN end up being 11% total. Think about how a 50% increase of 100 would be yield a total of 150. A 16% increase would mean that in 2004 the total percent of SC votes that came from Greenville County were about 9 or so percent...

Sorry. I didn't think about it enough My B.A. is in English. I don't think I've ever made biting comments toward anyone directly in any of my postings. Let's refrain from doing that.

Chuck Todd on NBC Nightly News showed a map that showed the only place in the entire nation that did not vote more Democratic in this election than in 2004 was a swath from near the southern Appalachians across through the northern areas of Georgia, Alabama and Mississippi, and parts of Tennessee, and maybe into places like parts of Arkansas. I guess people in that area of the country have their reasons voting the way they do, highly educated or not. Like someone said in as many words, to each his own.

11 minus 16 equals negative 5. I don't understand. Richland County retains the highest percentage of college graduates in the state according to stats I saw the other day, and data show SC voters with high levels of education went for Obama. So whether it's a lower level of education or some other factor that makes Greenville and Spartanburg counties vote GOP, if they had voted DEM Obama would have won SC.

Please folks, don't associate people voting for a particular candidate due to racial, religious or other means as some sort of determination or condemnation on the people in general of the area they voted from. Elections are all local, and if a county or for that matter and entire state goes red or blue, doesn't say anything about any set of people within such state. So please stop this line of discussion.

Archived