Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-Man_GR

Calvin Forums on Development and Sprawl

12 posts in this topic

At the risk of repeating information previously posted, please review the linked information regarding several forums, artisitic displays and educational discussions planned by Calvin College regarding development and sprawl:

http://www.calvin.edu/centerartgallery/200...etosprawl08.htm

The keynote presentation by John Norquist next week Friday should be especially worth noting.

Thanks for posting this D-Man, there are some really astute people at Calvin discussing issues related to what we discuss every day here, and they seem to have a great series of programs planned.

At the risk of repeating information previously posted, please review the linked information regarding several forums, artisitic displays and educational discussions planned by Calvin College regarding development and sprawl:

http://www.calvin.edu/centerartgallery/200...etosprawl08.htm

The keynote presentation by John Norquist next week Friday should be especially worth noting.

Thanks for posting this D-Man! I've got all of them on my calendar and hope to make a few of them.

Thanks for posting this D-Man! I've got all of them on my calendar and hope to make a few of them.

I'll put in a plug for the noon Panel Discussion on the 25th :thumbsup:

Anyone going to see John Norquist tonight want to grab a beer beforehand or afterward? Graydon's Derby Station maybe?

Anyone going to see John Norquist tonight want to grab a beer beforehand or afterward? Graydon's Derby Station maybe?

Keynote Lecture by John Norquist, President and CEO, Congress For The New Urbanism

Friday, November 14, 7:30pm @ Commons Lecture Hall

Sounds like a meet-up!

And someone has to mention this, so it may as well be me: the only more ironic choice of venue would have been the new suburban locale of Davenport U.

How about at the Steelcase pyramid? :) Would that give Davenport's truckstop campus a run for it's money? Or Byron Center High School...or the Forest Hills Fine Arts Center.

Calvin's Campus is reasonably accessible on a bicycle and by the #6 bus. Much better access than a lot of other places.

Amy and I are going to try and squeeze in a visit to the WM Potter's Guild's Fall Show and Sale (highly recommended, there's some cool stuff here! http://www.westmichiganpottersguild.com/showsandevents.html) beforehand, but we might be up for grabbing a drink at Graydon's afterward. I went to Hopcat for lunch, but I couldn't have a beer because I had to go back to work. Torture! :)

I'll keep an eye out for both of you. Anyone else going?

I'm going.

Is that the Graydon's in EGR?

And someone has to mention this, so it may as well be me: the only more ironic choice of venue would have been the new suburban locale of Davenport U.