Another Raising Cane's in Shreveport!

Mudbugger

I was searching the MPC site for Shreveport this morning and saw that Raising Cane's has just got approval

to build a new location.

Guess where?

NW corner of Mansfield rd./Jewella ave.

That's right, where the old, now gone Citgo used to be.

I hope that this is just the beginning of new things coming to Southern Hills.

Now my wife and I don't have to go to Youree drive or out by Mall St. Vincent for good chicken fingers.

Hope that makes someone's weekend.

Mudbugger

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes my weekend. No, not because of convenience (I'm rarely in Southern Hills anymore, unfortunately) but because it proves this Baton Rouge-based chain sees promise in our area. Their other two Shreveport locations are insanely successful, so they saw the need to expand.

Now let's see them put more locations, in this order:

North Bossier: Airline Drive, north of I-220, but south of Wemple Road

South Bossier: Barksdale Blvd, between Westgate (Jimmie Davis) and Sligo Road

West Shreve: Pines Road area, I don't wish the late-night robberies on them, but they would do well during the daytime out there

East Bossier: Highway 80/Stockwell Road area, near Harrah's Louisiana Downs

Not to get too crazy, but I could see all of the above locations being successful for them, and perhaps even a location on Southern Loop around Provenance.

• 4 months later...
I was searching the MPC site for Shreveport this morning and saw that Raising Cane's has just got approval

to build a new location.

Guess where?

NW corner of Mansfield rd./Jewella ave.

That's right, where the old, now gone Citgo used to be.

I hope that this is just the beginning of new things coming to Southern Hills.

Now my wife and I don't have to go to Youree drive or out by Mall St. Vincent for good chicken fingers.

Hope that makes someone's weekend.

Mudbugger

• 1 month later...

My wife and i were driving down Mansfield road today and noticed that there is some construction machinery at the new Raising Cane's location.

It also turns out that the check cashing place on the property had closed and moved down the street in the old Schlotzky's Deli.

To top it off there is a small temporary building on site now and the Lamar sign is cleaned off.

Hoping that they will get to work on building the new Raising Cane's soon, so i don't have to go across town to get some chicken fingers.

Mudbugger

P.S.

My wife saw on MSNBC's buisiness site that Burger King is going to change their kitchens to accomodate new foods and preparations.

Grilled ribs and fish.

Good luck with that Burger King.

My wife and i were driving down Mansfield road today and noticed that there is some construction machinery at the new Raising Cane's location.

It also turns out that the check cashing place on the property had closed and moved down the street in the old Schlotzky's Deli.

To top it off there is a small temporary building on site now and the Lamar sign is cleaned off.

Hoping that they will get to work on building the new Raising Cane's soon, so i don't have to go across town to get some chicken fingers.

Mudbugger

P.S.

My wife saw on MSNBC's buisiness site that Burger King is going to change their kitchens to accomodate new foods and preparations.

Grilled ribs and fish.

Good luck with that Burger King.

One more thing.

Can we please get someone to propose something to the city council to ban these check cashing places?

They are simply loan sharks with a store to get you to sign a contract and have you pay up to 300 percent interest.

These are the real predatory lenders that all civic leaders need to complain about.

When you see these places and pawnshops sprouting up all over town, you know the end is really near.

Laters,

Mudbugger

• 2 weeks later...

Raisin cane's is absolutely the worst chicken place in existence, but Im glad for Shreveport to have more businesses.

Here in Lafayette there are about 3 of these and I think thats too many. I am however, glad to see more Chik-Fil-A's opening.

Bt really, any posititve growth is great for this area. ITs alot better than many part of the country.

Innotech, I saw your name and recognized you right away from another 'city' forum (one from which I am now banned, but that's another story altogether). Anyway, good to see you here. That said, however, I disagree about Raising Cane's. It's a matter of personal taste for sure, but I love that place. In fact there is only one in Bossier City and it's inside the mall, so last night I was going to drive to Shreveport to pick up some Cane's but I ended up at Popeye's instead. Popeye's leaves me feeling greasy and their chicken strips are always frozen. Cane's, however, never leaves me feeling that way and their strips are always so fresh. Now I can't say that I've never had bad food from Cane's ... I have on quite a few occasions. But overall, I do like it. I want one to be built in east Bossier City near Louisiana Downs, because then I will only be 10 minutes away and can have it any time. I have friends who live in Arkansas who come down all the time just to eat there because they don't have a Cane's where they live.

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and i drove by the site of the new Raising Cane's (corner of Mansfield and Jewella).

Site work is well under way and hopefully it will be open by September.

We are hoping this is just the beginning of new development coming back to Southern Hills.

Hope everyone is doing well,

Mudbugger

Archived