Russellville Development

RussVegas

ok so i didnt find this out until today lol, and i posted misleading information on the "sleepless in russellville" topic, so i figured i would just make a new topic and clear things up.

Russellvile is getting 2 new shopping centers.. one called "The Grove" on the south side of I-40 and the other called "Shoppes at Shiloh Creek" on the north side of I-40, both off the new Weir Road exit.

"The Grove" website www.thegroveatrussellville.com

460,000 square feet

"Shoppes at Shiloh Creek" doesnt currently have a website that im aware of, but here are some photos i have found..

450,000 square feet (found here) www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/PrintAllSE.aspx?LID=15924617

theshoppesatshilohcreek.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so i didnt find this out until today lol, and i posted misleading information on the "sleepless in russellville" topic, so i figured i would just make a new topic and clear things up.

Russellvile is getting 2 new shopping centers.. one called "The Grove" on the south side of I-40 and the other called "Shoppes at Shiloh Creek" on the north side of I-40, both off the new Weir Road exit.

"The Grove" website www.thegroveatrussellville.com

460,000 square feet

"Shoppes at Shiloh Creek" doesnt currently have a website that im aware of, but here are some photos i have found..

450,000 square feet (found here) www.loopnet.com/xNet/MainSite/Listing/Profile/PrintAllSE.aspx?LID=15924617

These developments are in a competitive situation and only one will win out.

The Shoppes at Shiloh Creek has commitments from Kohl's and TJ Maxx, I've heard. Not sure who has committed to "The Grove". Should be interesting to follow over the next year or two.

if i could figure it out, i would rename this topic "Russellville Development", but i cant figure it out lol...

Just wanted to update everyone on the proposed Convention Center/Hotel

from "The Courier"

Developer John Q. Hammons, who during the past several months has expressed interest in constructing a hotel-CONVENTION CENTER in northern Russellville, said he decided to build because of the future he sees in the city.

In a telephone interview with The Courier from his office in Springfield, Mo., Hammons said, "Here's what I think about Russellville: You are right on I-40, right on the river and the lake, ... You've got good schools and a good college that's growing. ... There's also some industry within 40 or 50 miles, and oil and gas drilling to the east and northeast.

"I look at all of these things for the future. I build for the future

• 2 years later...

Thanks to the economy, neither Shoppes at Shiloh Creek nor The Grove are on set for construction. Both projects have been crossed off, as well as the Convention Center/Hotel.

Instead they turned to renovating the current Valley Park Center shopping center, which is now recently home to Belk, Petsmart, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, and soon to open this year, Shoe Carnival. The current JCPenney is undergoing complete renovations at the moment which is slated to be complete by November. Also, some vacant land in front of Valley Park Center has been bought out for a Chik-fil-a which is undergoing construction at the moment as well. Across town on Weir Road, a new strip mall has been built which now houses PetSense and McCalisters Deli. There is also some construction going on on Parkway, but im not sure what is going in at the moment, ill have to update when that information becomes available.

• 2 years later...

Russellville just keeps building. Recently Valley Park Center has gained a newly constructed Ross retail store. Over off Parkway a Buffalo Wild Wings just completed construction and construction on a Wasabi Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar has just started on the corner of Parkway and Weir across from Starbucks. Across town on the West side off Main, construction is near completion on a Walmart Neighborhood Market and the new 3 level Millard Henry Clinic just opened last month. Arkansas Tech has also began construction on a new 4 story $16.5 million academic, student support and administrative facility that will be built across from a newly constructed 4 story building in front of Wattaburger. 

News was released recently that a company based out of Minnesota, United Entertainment Corp., (UEC) bought out Lowery Picwood Cinema and plans to add $2.2 million in renovations. Also, plans for a convention center & hotel are back on the drawing board. Current plans have it being called "The Landing" and will feature retail space and possibly an aquatic center. More details on that will come once they become available. There are also plans to renovate downtown Russellville. Some of this has already started by adding bricked crosswalks, but plans are also on board to add a 3 level parking garage adjacent to the Pope County Courthouse that blends in and looks like a commercial building, a new County Annex Building, Ozark Interpretation Center, restoring old historic buildings as well as filing in spaces between that blends with historic downtown. This is called the Downtown Master Plan and renderings can be viewed on mainstreetrussellville.com

Archived