Help: wedding bands

beach

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a wedding band that is either from the Grand Rapids area or will play there. My fiance and I are Detroiters, but will be having our wedding in GR next summer (she's from the area originally). Preferably, I would like a band that is well versed in 50s-70s R&B, but if you know of a good band I'd love the recommendation. Thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perfect band for you is the "Hip Pocket". The style you're looking for...horn band playing R&B, Chicago, Motown, Earth, Wind and Fire, etc.

Really great guys (and gal) and you won't believe how tight and talented they are. (not part of the band, just work with someone who is...)

Email: [email protected]

Some bands will travel. I'm from the Detroit area originally, and you should go to Club Bart (in Ferndale) on a Saturday night to see Even Exhange. They're all motown, funk, jazz and R&B, and they will come to GR to play weddings (they bring a horn section for weddings). They are super fun!

yeahbut...

I gig all over the state (and to some extent, the upper midwest). Different genre than requested. To accept a gig with a two-hour drive time, I pretty much add 50 - 100% to my fee.

Considering how Murphy's Law tends to show up at weddings anyway, the OP is being smart by eliminating the bass player's flat tire type of events.

ETA: Looks like this site has band listings by genre and location.

http://www.michiganartists.com/index.php/DisplayArtist/0-214

Archived