Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Sunday Alcohol Sales

5 posts in this topic

Haven't seen this mentioned on UP, but looks like Mauldin has passed Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages. I'm not sure if this is just for restaurants, or for restaurants and grocery/package stores. Anyone know the specifics?

Depending on your viewpoint, this is either good or bad. I view it as a positive step. Good to see one of Greenville's main burbs go this route. Should help with development of better retsaurants along Butler, 385, etc.

Haven't seen this mentioned on UP, but looks like Mauldin has passed Sunday sales of alcoholic beverages. I'm not sure if this is just for restaurants, or for restaurants and grocery/package stores. Anyone know the specifics?

Depending on your viewpoint, this is either good or bad. I view it as a positive step. Good to see one of Greenville's main burbs go this route. Should help with development of better retsaurants along Butler, 385, etc.

Wonderful news! It is archaic that alcohol isn't just as available everywhere on Sunday as on every other day of the week. :rolleyes:

That is a great question. I know its tied to state Blue Laws, but I don't know why they were passed to begin with, or more specifically when they originated.

Wonderful news! It is archaic that alcohol isn't just as available everywhere on Sunday as on every other day of the week. :rolleyes: