Residents, businesses fume over pace of Laurens Street project

gman430

First, it was complaints regarding homeless people. Now it's turned into a complete uproar over a streetscaping project. :wacko: I drove down Laurens Street a few days ago and I think it looks fine. Here is the article on this: http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20...1/81110032/1004 I'll admit it could look nicer but it does look a lot better than it used to. I'll agree with the residents and businesses that the work has taken a lot longer than it should have. It should have only taken a few months like the tree-replanting on Main Street did, but this work has been going on for at least a year now if not more. Can't seem to figure out why though if it's a city funded project. :ermm: Reminds me of that fountain in Heritage Green that is just now getting completed. <_<

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole project has been laughable. A tiny little street like Laurens Street should have been able to be completed in three or four months...not a year and a half. The city must have some crappy project management.

And the only reason the street looks good today is because of this article. As soon as the city got wind of this article, they landscaped and paved. I guess it just took a squeaky wheel.

Laurens Street looks great (and has for quite a while now) ... I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. It'll continue to make a great place for motorcycles to park. :lol:

What is boggling to me is why the Washington Street Parking Deck is taking so long to re-open....it looks like the resurfacing finished ages ago? :blink:

Archived