What to do in DC for New Years!

RON-E

So, DC being my favorite location on earth! and it being my 5th anniversary on new yeas day, me and my partner want to go back to dDC.

we were wondering if there were any happenings, gay or straight, going on in DC for new years this year?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know of anything specific, but would offer that Georgetown and Adams Morgan might be busy that night. The area around the Verizon Center should also be jumping. Of course, this is nothing compared to the craziness we are going to have for the inauguration.

DC has never struck me as the place to be on New Years. There are no large public celebrations like in New York, but the neighborhoods offer quite alot of bars and clubs with what I consider very affordable ($20-$40) cover charges unless you want the all champagne all night and 4 or 5 course dinners. That being said the hot places are just like what Tom suggested, but I would add the U St. Corridor in Shaw where there are hot dance clubs like Town (Gay) and 9:30 Club (More Straight). OF course Dupont Circle would provide a lively gay scene that night depending on what type of scene you and your partner are into. If you like the stand around type gay bar scene there is JR's or if you like the gay dance club scene there is Apex both easy walks from the Dupont Circle Metro. I hope this helps!

Archived