Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Voice of Reason

Amtrak

9 posts in this topic

Nov. 13 (Bloomberg) -- Refurbished high-speed trains and spruced-up stations may greet Amtrak commuters from Boston to Washington as the U.S. passenger railroad gains support from frequent-rider Joe Biden in President-Elect Barack Obama's administration.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=assL3T6BC1pk

Vice President-Elect Biden, who commuted on Amtrak daily between Wilmington, Delaware and Washington during his Senate career, may be part of the most ``train-friendly administration in history,'' Dukakis said. He and Obama ``understand the economy itself cries out'' for rail investment, the former Massachusetts governor said.

I really hope that this administration comes through and helps get us away from the automobile and also off of oil.

I really hope that this administration comes through and helps get us away from the automobile and also off of oil.

This administration will be great for urban issues, transit, and infrastructure. I really can't wait until we start seeing the change.

This administration will be great for urban issues, transit, and infrastructure. I really can't wait until we start seeing the change.

I don't know if you guys saw the bond issue I posted about in the California forum under the bullet train thread. on election night Californians passed a 9.9 Billion bond for a bullet train connecting all of californias major cities. DAMN AMAZING

Very amazing. Now if we could get something even remotely close to that up and running in New England and the Northeast, we would be in a much better position.

Isn't Amtrak the only commuter rail service between New Haven, Hartford, and Springfield?

Isn't Amtrak the only commuter rail service between New Haven, Hartford, and Springfield?

Yes, currently and it's not really a convenient service for most. The state is in the process of developing a state owned commuter rail line for the corridor.