adrockc2

Peace Center Remodel

135 posts in this topic

The outdoor areas look GREAT! I like the stones they're using on the pathway. Also, I REALLY like the ceiling they've placed in the lobby. Very cool!

The view from inside Genevieve's Lounge overlooking TD Pavilion, Wyche Hall, Larkin's on the River, the Reedy River, the Swamp Rabbit Trail, and RiverPlace will be delightful. The outdoor patio will be a nice feature during events at TD Pavilion. I am still very sad about the loss of so many mature trees on that side, but am hoping the new amenities will provide sufficient relief.

The plaza area is opening today.

The plaza grounds look absolutely GREAT! Chalk this up as another fantastic outdoor space!

The plaza is very "hard" in relation to its former design. The water elements should help soften it a bit, but trees and plants are desperately needed.

Well, the former design was very uninviting, especially with the driveway that cut across the site. The new arrangement seems to offer lots of space to gather, sit, and socialize in the form of open space, and steps and edges to sit upon. I think the new dynamic will be most evident on performance nights and when it feels less like a construction zone.

017-26.jpg

019-23.jpg

020-24.jpg

018-23.jpg

023-19.jpg

016-29.jpg

Edited by citylife

2-15 photo update: http://www.trianglec...15_12/index.htm The City has approved $2.5 million in spending for the project also according to the Greenville News. Total completion slated for September 2012.

Edited by citylife

Not the best picture, but I snagged this from across the street tonight:

6922133613_92331ee882.jpg

Great shot. Love the lighting. Does anybody know why the other fountain still isn't running yet though?

I had no clue it was going to practically look like an entirely new building. Impressive!

I got to see it in person as well when we went to see Les Miserables this weekend. The inside is much roomier and has a better flow than before. It's also a lot more open and lets everyone see the beautiful downtown.

The supports are up for the new canopy over the stage at the amphitheater.