Rally At The Statler! DATE SET

SNWEB

Info:

The date be for the WALK-THROUGH for contractors to place bids that will demo the Statler. I believe this would be the best as it really shows we do not want this hotel demolished.

Date info:

Tuesday, July 13, 2004 at 10:00 a.m

The place it will begin at will be

DEQ-RRD Southeast Michigan District Detroit Office, 3058 W. Grand Blvd., Suite 2-300, Conference Room 3300, and later move to the Statler for the walkthrough.

I think we can setup to either a: all setup at the blvd office then move over to the hotel or, b: have half and half, or c: everyone at the Statler.

I believe option c is the best any ideas?

Thanks to Scott Kukan for bringing up the idea.

The is the big one people, signs, flyers, chants, get them ready!

Coments, Suggestions, Questions, HERE

IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED THE PETITION PLEASE DO SO AT HTTP://WWW.SAVETHESTATLER.COM

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope to be there. I have a lot going on, and I won't know until a couple days before if I will be able to make it or not. I am going to pin this topic at the top so it doesn't fall to the bottom of the page.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, about two people showed up. I was going to go with my friend, but I was unable to make it because I had to be in Grand Rapids for family business, and my friend didn't want to go without me. The Statler was open from Wednesday through Friday, and you could sign a waiver to walk through it. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to. I would've enjoyed it, even though all the historical items have been gone for years now. Things are not looking good for the Statler right now. In three months the Statler will be history, another faded memory in the minds of Detroiters. I was never very optimistic about saving the Statler, and I am growing more dishearted by the day. I am going to Detroit on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday next week, and I intend on documenting as much of the building as I possibly can. I will also follow the demolition process, which is to begin sometime next month.

Archived