Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

ROCK HILL.   From CBJ, "New retail, restaurant and office space to be part of $75M redevelopment in Rock Hill," by Ken Elkins, 10/05/2018 (Subscriber Article)  

Excerpt.  "The Keith Corp. of Charlotte and building owner Springs Creative will partner on a joint venture to redevelop a 400,000-square-foot structure next door to University Center in Rock Hill into office, restaurant, retail and events space that could represent an investment of $75 million.  The redevelopment of Baxter Mill continues the successful transformation of downtown Rock Hill and Knowledge Park,” Brendan Pierce, office partner at Keith Corp., says.  We believe this building and the surrounding area will quickly become the most dynamic and interesting sub-market in the greater metro area.  Construction on Baxter Mill starts in early 2019, and Derick Close, CEO of Springs Creative, expects to be in the building by late 2019.  Other tenants will follow into 2020.  Some of those new tenants could be breweries and large-scale events space, Brendan Pierce, office partner at Keith Corp., says.  Outside, a current parking lot for Springs Creative will be transformed into an urban park that Pierce says will serve as the entry way to University Center.  Baxter Mill is taking another step in connecting Winthrop University and downtown Rock Hill.  Rock Hill Mayor, John Gettys, likes the Baxter Mill idea.  He calls it a 'progressive step forward for our community.'”

Called Baxter Mill, the redevelopment will also house at least 35,000 square feet of space for Springs Creative.

Edited by QCxpat
  • Like 3

On 10/7/2018 at 6:33 PM, rancenc said:

Salisbury is hosting the  NC Main Street Conference next year.  Here is a video of several ongoing and future projects in the city.  Salisbury as actually one of the original cities in the program when it was started in the mid 1970's.

I love Salisbury. It has such a large and historic Core. Probably the best Historic District in Central NC. Shelby, in Western NC also has a nice historic core. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KJHburg said:

New large YMCA coming to Harrisburg park and this would be the 3rd announced location in the last 10 years.  Hopefully this one works out.  This plan looks great. 

https://www.independenttribune.com/news/cannon-memorial-ymca-plans-to-bring-full-serve-facility-to/article_142c5266-cbe2-11e8-91f2-8352a2ecd0d5.html

Wonder where that leaves the planned Farmington project?  This was to be a pretty big cornerstone of that development.

Edited by egorham
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, egorham said:

Wonder where that leaves the planned Farmington project?  This was to be a pretty big cornerstone of that development.

It will go on as planned just without a Y here is their webpage and it is removed from site plan in  a few places but not all.   https://mpvre.com/properties/farmington/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

Slow and steady wins the race!  But I don't see this as a race.  I would rather G-Town continue on its slower pace of growth to ensure we are doing things right.  This is a love/hate thing with me.  I like that we are still considered the red headed stepchild of the region, but on the flip side wish we had more amenities and fun things like other surrounding counties.  From my exposure to local government and how things work, I am confident that Gastonia City and Gaston County will become an important force in the local economy.

• Like 4