Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

10 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I was at the Gibson Mill last week and the two breweries mentioned are actually facing each other in that development with parking between them, each with an outside patio/deck/terrace. As close to each other as possible.

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Probably works out best for both of them!

I'm sure people will figure out their favorites. When birdsong and Noda brewing were right next to each other I quickly learned I preferred birdsong. Noda fans learned their fave as well.  No major competition it seemed like.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

Concord Mills Blvd and Christenbury Parkway near Concord Mills is an explosion of retail. This is a good roundup on the new project. The new grocery store by the QuikTrip will be a Lidl from everything I have heard. http://www.independenttribune.com/news/christenbury-corners-at-the-center-of-a-retail-explosion/article_0a631c26-2cae-5a59-b771-560b5b9eb6df.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Concord Mills Blvd and Christenbury Parkway near Concord Mills is an explosion of retail. This is a good roundup on the new project. The new grocery store by the QuikTrip will be a Lidl from everything I have heard. http://www.independenttribune.com/news/christenbury-corners-at-the-center-of-a-retail-explosion/article_0a631c26-2cae-5a59-b771-560b5b9eb6df.html

Sigh, I work near that general area. I know it is the momentum of our auto age that's still going, but it kills me how Concord is squeezing every last ounce of retail, subdivision, and garden apartment around Concord Mills. Especially since they have such a lovely old downtown area. Eh, c'est la vie.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Sigh, I work near that general area. I know it is the momentum of our auto age that's still going, but it kills me how Concord is squeezing every last ounce of retail, subdivision, and garden apartment around Concord Mills. Especially since they have such a lovely old downtown area. Eh, c'est la vie.

Yep. Cabarrus County has some really beautiful rolling hills. Hate to see them get lost in suburbia.  Between Concord Mills and the new airport, it feels like another city. And, yes, downtown Concord is a treasure.

• Like 1

Mooresville's old Burlington Mills won a statewide award for resue. Home to Merino's furniture, office space, antique mall and the very good Alino's Pizzeria. It is a great reuse of this massive mill and more to come as there are still some vast unused areas. https://www.bisnow.com/charlotte/news/retail/american-planning-association-honors-merino-mill-as-great-transformation-72592

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jtmonk said:

Any idea when the hotel/conference center will be built at Langtree Lake Norman?  It mentions the project in the article but it seems that this project has been proposed forever with no movement.  

It was my understanding that hotel I think rumored to be an Embassy Suites would be built right next to the apartments. These 2 new hotels are across the street (Langtree Rd) from Langtree but still part of the property. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is an outer outer ring city of Charlotte for sure Morganton but they have a 160 job expansion at the Continental brake plant there announced today.  A strong region makes Charlotte more prosperous. To put another perspective on this: 160 new jobs in a county of less 100,000 people like Burke County  would be the same impact as a 1600 job expansion in a county like Mecklenburg with over 1,000,000 people. http://www.morganton.com/news/continental-announces-expansion-new-jobs/article_9aa1417c-2467-11e7-8840-93e11a440b60.html 

• Like 3