Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

4 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I went to see Trilogy and wondered what the market was for such a location. I am 55+. Perhaps those coming from outside the area as KJH mentions. I used Google maps to guide me and it took me to a shopping center on the other side of 16 from the development. I then used Apple maps and it showed me the correct location. Perhaps a construction sales location was on the east side of 16 in the past?

I worked at Weddington HS before the great recession and a drive through those new neighborhoods meant one had to search for a NC license plate. So many out-of-staters. In my three years at WHS one student moved from CMS and it was a living-with-mother to living-with-father situation. 

Trilogy's sales office is still east of Hwy 16 I believe. Google took you where it thought you wanted to go.

4 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

No their sales office is inside community which is west of 16 across from high school.  It was temporarily in a strip center east of 16 but not in years.

Years? The copyright is 2018, not sure that means the pic was taken this year or not.

Screenshot_20180802-135721.png

Edited by jednc
Edited to add photo.

^^^ they have had an onsite sales office in the community for at least 4 years.  Believe me I have been there and all the sales staff has been on site for years.  That might be a construction office or a design center (that maybe what that is now) but for sales you must go through the gate and they will direct you to their sales office which is next to the clubhouse.  They have 7-8 model homes there.  It is really nice.  Go see it for yourself and it is truly spectacular amenities.   

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ they have had an onsite sales office in the community for at least 4 years.  Believe me I have been there and all the sales staff has been on site for years.  That might be a construction office or a design center (that maybe what that is now) but for sales you must go through the gate and they will direct you to their sales office which is next to the clubhouse.  They have 7-8 model homes there.  It is really nice.  Go see it for yourself and it is truly spectacular amenities.   

I pass it often but haven't been in there since the first house were being built. Doesn't seem like that long ago. It might be/might have been the design center. May be nothing there now. I need to pay attention the next time I pass!

2 minutes ago, jednc said:

I pass it often but haven't been in there since the first house were being built. Doesn't seem like that long ago. It might be/might have been the design center. May be nothing there now. I need to pay attention the next time I pass!

anyone can eat in their restaurant in the clubhouse so just tell the gate you are going to eat.  It is unbelievable in there and here are a few photos of the club (not mine but professional Trilogy got)

I have eaten at that restaurant or had an event catered by them and it was good.  

TrilogyClub1.jpg

TrilogyClub2.jpg

TrilogyClub6.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

anyone can eat in their restaurant in the clubhouse so just tell the gate you are going to eat.  It is unbelievable in there and here are a few photos of the club (not mine but professional Trilogy got)

I have eaten at that restaurant or had an event catered by them and it was good.  

TrilogyClub1.jpg

TrilogyClub2.jpg

TrilogyClub6.jpg

Wow, they've added a lot since I was in there. Thanks for the pics.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2018 at 10:02 PM, KJHburg said:

More young  singles live in the city (and I am stating the obvious) but many families want great public schools, safe communities and communities with amenities for their children and the suburbs fit that bill like this new community in Waxhaw.   Suburbs and suburban neighborhoods are NOT going away and at the same time in town living is booming.   Different stages of life.   You ought to see Trilogy in Denver in eastern Lincoln county I will take some photos next time I up  there.  Their amenities are unbelievable and that age restricted neighborhood is 55 plus.  Some 55 plus are moving intown to condos some to lifestyle communities like Trilogy or Cresswind.  One great thing about this region is the variety of housing choices and price points.  Lake living. Small town living. Intown edgy neighborhood living.  High rise living. Highly amenitized communities like Millbridge and for age 55+ Trilogy.  Young singles and those 55+ plus are the two of biggest groups moving to Charlotte.  Simultaneously. 

I've done two projects in Trilogy this year. It's a nice neighborhood for sure. Treetops in Indian Land is very similar. Trilogy wins in a head to head battle IMO because their HOA fees include a membership to a boat club on Lake Norman.

• Like 1

Lincolnton attracting a small manufacturer that is moving lock stock and barrel out of Long Island to Lincoln County.

""A building products company will move to Lincolnton from Long Island, New York, in a $1.3 million move that will bring 30 jobs to the Charlotte region.  Texture Plus is a family-owned company that has made decorative wall panels for building contractors, DIYers and corporations for more than 30 years.""

Subscriber article  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/08/07/panel-manufacturer-to-bring-30-jobs-to-charlotte.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2018-08-07&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1533683368&j=83137281

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Went over to downtown Gastonia for the first time in years.  Their downtown is really changing and for the better.  You need to cross the river and see it for yourself.  Great historical buildings and storefronts coming alive with new shops, new restaurants, a new hotel in the Lawyers Building etc.  Even a condo conversion in an 1886 building called the Carriage Company condos.  Have some Tony's Ice Cream on the way into downtown park for free and walk around.  This downtown is becoming very active again.  Lots of photos but like I said I have not been over here in years KJ the tourist amongst the people.  And the locals were very friendly.  The photos were from today before the bottom fell out yet again!

3rd photo is the Carriage Company Condos which were done about 8 years (I know I am just learning about them)   4th photo is Charlotte's Sleepy Poet antique mall that has opened. (Lots of vinyl records over there if you are interested)

IMG_2205.JPG

Forgot to put the link for the new Ascend hotel in that Lawyers Building which is the beige brick building with some of the windows out and the fence around the front door  https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/12/developers-hope-5m-ascend-boutique-hotel-to-ignite.html

It's been a long time coming, but it's nice to see some positive momentum in Gastonia.  The restoration of Loray Mill was a big step in the right direction, and I think the ballpark will really clean up the rest of the west side nicely, which is still filled with numerous vacant lots and abandoned buildings.  There's a good Mexican restaurant right outside of downtown Gastonia called Azteca that I've eaten at a couple of times.  The train tracks running through downtown are a bit ugly though, and hopefully can (somehow) be updated to blend in with the rest of the city (and hopefully incorporate a commuter rail, which I think would be quite beneficial to Gastonia).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

from the ring city of Concord.  Downtown Concord has some strong neighborhoods to the north and south of downtown and now 2 options for apartments downtown the View in old Hotel Concord and the Lofts 29.   Plus new infill housing Concord style.  Today. 

1/ restored house  2/parking deck with solar panels on top  3/ View apartments 4/5/ Lofts 29 apartments  6/infill new housing 7/Locke Mill Plaza apartments and offices  8/the Creamery renovation for offices  9/coffee shop 

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2491.JPG

IMG_2492.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

On 8/21/2018 at 9:23 AM, KJHburg said:

Here is a good recap on what is happening in Gaston County as I showed in my photos from a few posts back.  Gaston County is on the rise and it is substantially cheaper than Charlotte.  https://www.charlotteagenda.com/137411/gaston-county-development/

Thanks for sharing the article about those of us that live in "The County," or near "G-Town."  I read on social media how many of the natives don't want the word to get out b/c it is ruining the rural way of life, or small-town way of life that they have enjoyed for so long.  I understand change is sometimes tough to deal with, but it is finally coming west.  Personally, I'm glad that it is happening, and especially glad that they are taking a somewhat logistical and almost surgical look at how things can and or will play out in the future.  Now if we can just get started on the rehab of the Wilkinson Blvd., bridge and a new bridge to the upcoming River District, we would be able to have a sigh of relief.  Oh and yeah, widen 85 all the way to the SC border!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

Thanks for sharing the article about those of us that live in "The County," or near "G-Town."  I read on social media how many of the natives don't want the word to get out b/c it is ruining the rural way of life, or small-town way of life that they have enjoyed for so long.  I understand change is sometimes tough to deal with, but it is finally coming west.  Personally, I'm glad that it is happening, and especially glad that they are taking a somewhat logistical and almost surgical look at how things can and or will play out in the future.  Now if we can just get started on the rehab of the Wilkinson Blvd., bridge and a new bridge to the upcoming River District, we would be able to have a sigh of relief.  Oh and yeah, widen 85 all the way to the SC border!

Remember in the early 2000s when Fox Charlotte Weather Man Mark Mathis  made fun of Gastonians' accents and the station ran a local commercial showing clips of Boomhauer from King of the Hill with the narrator saying "Warning: If you see a man who talks like this, do not approach him, he may be from Gastonia"

Good times.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Outer ring city news but in our TV market downtown Morganton getting its first new hotel well in years and years.

https://www.morganton.com/news/groundbreaking-for-downtown-hotel-set-for-monday/article_b8550412-a718-11e8-90f6-d73df0c42a6e.html

They have a nice downtown, breweries  and check out Judge's BBQ outside of downtown down by the river.  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Outer ring city news but in our TV market downtown Morganton getting its first new hotel well in years and years.

https://www.morganton.com/news/groundbreaking-for-downtown-hotel-set-for-monday/article_b8550412-a718-11e8-90f6-d73df0c42a6e.html

They have a nice downtown, breweries  and check out Judge's BBQ outside of downtown down by the river.  

Glad to see development in our foothill cities.   They were severely impacted by the Great Recession of last decade and have been slowly coming back to life!

This is a story about Cabarrus County tourism but it talks a good bit about Charlotte Mecklenburg's tourism which is #1 in both Carolinas and nearly 2x as high as Raleigh Wake County.   2017 was another record year for tourism in NC on top of the record in 2016.  https://www.independenttribune.com/news/a-record-year-for-visitor-spending-in-cabarrus-county/article_7185577c-aabe-11e8-a87f-1f0d5981438f.html

• Like 4