Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

I'd love a concrete update as well.  I have seen some activity - including what looks like soil samples and coring.  And you can clearly see where vehicles continue to go down deep into the woods regularly.  But yes, it seemed like more should be happening by now.

Along with the development itself I wonder if anyone has updates on the widened interchange there with 485.  That work was supposed to have been done by the developer of one of the other neighborhoods in that area, but it seems like they've somehow shed that responsibility.

as for Farmington they lost the Harrisburg YMCA which is now going to property by the main park in town.  I too have seen trucks going in and out.   I think the residential will do very good and if they do the theaters as an anchor great but not sure if they do or not.  I just think it takes time for a multiphase mixed used project like to come together but MPV does know what they are doing. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Next meeting at the beaver tonight 

• Like 2

A few developers have tried, but this one seems to have finally succeeded at getting rezoning to put a lakefront resort near Exit 31.   Not very large, but he is saying it will be a 5 star resort, 4 stories with 82 rooms, restaurant, spa and event/conference space.

https://www.mooresvilletribune.com/news/local/two-controversial-rezoning-requests-approved/article_32d165c1-bc70-57bb-9c5b-158dee6cf83f.html

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

A few developers have tried, but this one seems to have finally succeeded at getting rezoning to put a lakefront resort near Exit 31.   Not very large, but he is saying it will be a 5 star resort, 4 stories with 82 rooms, restaurant, spa and event/conference space.

https://www.mooresvilletribune.com/news/local/two-controversial-rezoning-requests-approved/article_32d165c1-bc70-57bb-9c5b-158dee6cf83f.html

Can anyone figure out which plot of land they're discussing for the resort? Best I can figure is that it's actually fronting onto Lake Davidson just past the pipeline terminal station, which seems like a bizarre location.

Edited by tozmervo
the pipeline continues underneath lake norman on it's merry way to Louisiana

On 2/27/2019 at 5:24 PM, KJHburg said:

as for Farmington they lost the Harrisburg YMCA which is now going to property by the main park in town.  I too have seen trucks going in and out.   I think the residential will do very good and if they do the theaters as an anchor great but not sure if they do or not.  I just think it takes time for a multiphase mixed used project like to come together but MPV does know what they are doing. 

Additional information on this development

https://www.independenttribune.com/news/public-hearing-to-be-held-on-farmington-development/article_fdc3720e-5c7b-11e9-b49b-47516bb0ac0f.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Town of Matthews is putting out a public survey to assess pedestrian/bike facilities and parking concerns in the downtown area.

https://www.matthewsnc.gov/newsview.aspx?nid=6239

As a native of the Big M, and with frequent trips to, I invite you all to submit your own survey.

My main thoughts (fee free to take these):

1) Add multi-use paths along every road into downtown (not just in the downtown area), on both sides of the road (IMO, Matthews does not absolutely require on-street bike facilities)

2) Add street parking along all of those stretches, as well, to distribute parking, reduce need for surface lots, and encourage more "downtown-style" development alongside.

3) Connect W Matthews Rd and Team Rd by constructing an underpass alonside the CSX tracks, underneath 51 (Matthews Township Pkwy) to expand walkable downtown accessibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1