Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

19 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I have driven around Kannapolis a few times in the past two to three years and the downtown"revitalization" is lacking the vital element. My experience mirrors the photos above. Vistas with grand new buildings and renovations of the classic downtown streets and not a human in sight.

There was (is?) an interesting museum of the Cannon Village and Textile history in a former movie theatre (not the GEM). Still, the lack of pedestrians and activity was jarring with the imposing buildings in the area.

Maybe they're hoping for a "build it and they will come" situation to happen.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I have driven around Kannapolis a few times in the past two to three years and the downtown"revitalization" is lacking the vital element. My experience mirrors the photos above. Vistas with grand new buildings and renovations of the classic downtown streets and not a human in sight.

There was (is?) an interesting museum of the Cannon Village and Textile history in a former movie theatre (not the GEM). Still, the lack of pedestrians and activity was jarring with the imposing buildings in the area.

The most pedestrians you will spot in Kannapolis are walking from their car to here: https://goo.gl/maps/7rLrjWzb7z1ULhDJ6 or to here: https://goo.gl/maps/bQRZ7PLfqdiT1H3S8

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

The biggest problem is trying to travel west on 74 or 85 at 4-6 pm.  I tried it again this week and rued my decision.

Yes - that is the bane of our existence.  And getting to 85 from anywhere south/west of Belmont is a mess in the morning too.  The updated Wilkinson Blvd. bridge cannot happen soon enough.  Hopefully, the additional road to Riverbend will happen too.  Not enough current gateways to support the current growth and future development.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1