Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

Caromont Health Hospital in Belmont and medical office building underway off I-85 to serve eastern Gaston and west Mecklenburg counties.

Last photo is one of the many large warehouses going up in Gaston County this one in Gastonia north of I-85 and Franklin Square. 

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rancenc said:

The Stanly County town of Locust is getting its first What-a-Burger restaurant!!:tw_grin:

https://www.thesnaponline.com/2022/03/04/what-a-burger-set-to-open-in-locust/

I thought you meant the Texas based What a Burger chain which is entering Tennessee and Atlanta metro.   But the local version is pretty good too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, rancenc said:

This may have some of the same information, but it's a little more local (gasp).

https://www.gastongazette.com/story/news/2022/03/16/mcadenville-renovation-projects-downtown-taproom-pharr-yarns-mill/7035333001/

Literally, about six months ago, as I was driving around this intersection on my way to the greenway on the river, I though this could be a great food hall along the lines of Optimist Hall.  The biggest obstacle is the lack of population around it to draw from.  "The County" is growing, but not in that fashion.  It is very interesting that McAdenville is the spotlight here as it is a smaller town but is making strides to set itself apart from the rest.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rancenc said:

The developer: "While we recognize and understand that many of these homeowners in these two neighborhoods have enjoyed trees and wooded buffers behind them for many decades and now the property is getting redeveloped – it’s hard. Change is difficult. .."

There. I feel so much better about the bulldozing of our country.   

Coming to the Pineville area!

Two more buildings are underway at Beacon Partners' massive industrial park in Pineville.

Beacon has begun construction on Buildings 2 and 3 at Carolina Logistics Park as it attempts to diversify building sizes at the development. Building 2 is 202,403 square feet, and Building 3 is 173,471 square feet. Both buildings, at Carolina Logistics Drive and Downs Road, are scheduled for delivery in the third quarter.

The buildings will have 32-foot clear heights and 180-foot truck courts.

The general contractor for the project is The Conlan Co., with Merriman Schmitt Architects and Orsborn Engineering Group also on the project team. Wells Fargo is the lender for the development. Beacon industrial partner Tim Robertson is handling leasing for Carolina Logistics Park.

“While we are seeing good activity for larger prospects in the market, we felt like now is the ideal time to deliver speculative product for those tenants seeking 50,000 to 200,000 square feet,” Robertson said. “The market currently has a scarcity of similar-sized spaces comprised of both existing product and projects under development. We have conviction that these buildings are well-positioned to help solve that demand.”

Carolina Logistics Park spans 288 acres and is expected to include up to 3.6 million square feet of industrial space upon full buildout.

Amazon already operates a distribution center at the park of just over 1 million square feet, and Empire Distributors has taken a 230,614-square-foot space there. Another building of 525,624 square feet, named Building 4, is currently under construction and scheduled to deliver in June. There is space for two more buildings at the park totaling around 1.5 million square feet.

Amazon announced its facility there in April 2021; it opened in the third quarter that year. Beacon's plans to develop the park were approved by the town of Pineville in July 2020, and the Charlotte-based developer bought the land for the project in September 2020.

• Like 3

My self guided walking tour of downtown Concord.  Notice the cemetery which also is a garden and I have never seen so many living  people hanging out in a cemetery before they were there to enjoy the gardens.  Historic neighborhoods both immediately south and north of downtown Concord.   Notice how they encourage pop up shops in the coworking space hmmm wonder if a large city nearby could do this in its uptown??   Also converted all brick hotel the old Hotel Concord into apartments.  Wonder if Charlotte has any empty brick hotels that can be reused instead of destroyed???   The Queen needs to learn from its smaller neighbor city.   Lots of new renovations and construction in downtown Concord check it out.  

first photos are Memorial Gardens a cemetery and gardens. 

IMG_3918.JPG

IMG_3919.JPG

IMG_3920.JPG

IMG_3921.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3923.JPG

IMG_3924.JPG

IMG_3925.JPG

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3927.JPG

IMG_3928.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG