Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Alino's Pizzeria is now open in Concord Mills. This is some serious good pizza if you have been up to their downtown Mooresville location you know. http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/11/22/pizzeria-opens-at-concord-mills.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

It is amazing pizza, and you'll have your food within 5 minutes. Seriously a great operation. 

• Like 2

Huge 1,200,000 sq ft warehouse under consideration in city council tonight in Kannapolis. My educated guess is Publix since they are opening stores all over NC but currently serve these stores from NE Atlanta in Gwinnett county. It could be 950 jobs estimated. (There is a current debate under Good News about warehouse jobs) However I consider it good for the community and good for local economy and for jobs. http://www.independenttribune.com/news/controversial-rezoning-to-be-considered-tonight/article_20716df0-b581-11e6-afeb-3ff5d021edae.html  I know Publix has been looking around the Charlotte area for a warehouse this could be it. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Prodev said:

I thought they had already settled on Hickory or Morganton, but maybe that shifted when they made the decision to go into VA. 1.2 mil SF is huge, even for Publix. 

I hope you are correct and they have settled on Morganton. That city could use the influx of jobs. Maybe the Kannapolis project is something else and both cities can get new jobs.

• Like 1

I went on a home tour of historic properties in Salisbury once. I believe it is an annual event. The homes were just wonderful. Loved for 150 years or so. Some with Civil War memories. There are some serious home investors and saviors there to keep these properties intact. When one adds the downtown and train station it can be a weekend experience. Much to learn there about history and also about historic preservation. Plus Cheerwine just announced they bought SunDrop so Salisbury owns Gastonia now.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 2

On 12/1/2016 at 3:50 PM, tarhoosier said:

I went on a home tour of historic properties in Salisbury once. I believe it is an annual event. The homes were just wonderful. Loved for 150 years or so. Some with Civil War memories. There are some serious home investors and saviors there to keep these properties intact. When one adds the downtown and train station it can be a weekend experience. Much to learn there about history and also about historic preservation. Plus Cheerwine just announced they bought SunDrop so Salisbury owns Gastonia now.

You're referencing the Historic Salisbury Foundation OctoberTour.  Next even is October 14 & 15, 2017.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Historic Hotel Concord bldg in downtown Concord being converted to apartments and new retail spaces.  http://www.independenttribune.com/news/construction-begins-on-historic-hotel/article_ddf6fab2-bf4e-11e6-8d9a-7725d24b4529.html

You beat me to it KJH!!  I just posed in the "Concord in the Midst of Change" in the Charlotte Coffee House Forum! :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Mooresville is getting lidl. Also, the town bought 2 parcels in their effort to revitalize the downtown area. Adjacent to the town, the town approved rezoning for a almost 500 home development. 

Langtree is constructing 2 more buildings and rezoned adjacent land as VC(Village Center). 

I just drove through Mooresville yesterday for the first time ever (never interested in contending with 77) and I gotta say, while I was shocked at the sheer amount of strip development and subdivisions for a town so far away from Charlotte (outside Mecklenburg?? I hear it has high property values), it has an incredible downtown area with a surprising amount of old rural properties still intact as well. Really great.

3 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I just drove through Mooresville yesterday for the first time ever (never interested in contending with 77) and I gotta say, while I was shocked at the sheer amount of strip development and subdivisions for a town so far away from Charlotte (outside Mecklenburg?? I hear it has high property values), it has an incredible downtown area with a surprising amount of old rural properties still intact as well. Really great.

Lowe's Corporate really helped transform the town in the past several years. They are getting ready to expand the campus and add 2 more mid-rises on their campus. I don't think you can find a home for under 500K in The Point anymore. Lake Norman is really beautiful also. 

I love downtown Mooresville and will take some photos next time I am up there. Great restaurants and all the money around the lake has really helped. The Epic Chophouse is as good as any high end steak house in Charlotte and great little shops. Mooresville in addition to Lowes and its 7000 plus employees has a good bit of manufacturing on the north side of town. Not to mention all the racing enterprises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kermit said:

^ yea, if you can look past 77 then downtown and central Mooresville is a serious gem in the region. If Iredell had a different attitude about the Red Line it would have become as desirable as Davidson.

Agree about the Red Line, but much of that opposition is from the northern end of the country which is understandable. From Statesboro north they are from 40 to 60+ miles from Uptown Charlotte. They really have no need for a train to Charlotte. Now, I wish this wasn't the case. I live in Neck and work in Mooresville. If love an option to reverse commute by train.

4 hours ago, mpretori said:

Mooresville is getting lidl. Also, the town bought 2 parcels in their effort to revitalize the downtown area. Adjacent to the town, the town approved rezoning for a almost 500 home development. 

Langtree is constructing 2 more buildings and rezoned adjacent land as VC(Village Center). 

Where will they open the Lidl? 

Some ring city economic development news from Mooresville battery operated power tool company opens 40,000 sq office and R&D in downtown Mooresville in the old mill complex on south Main Street.  Sounds like lots of growth potential for the company. 

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/16/power-tool-company-picks-mooresville-for.html?ana=e_ae_set3&s=article_du&ed=2016-12-16&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1481930528&j=76781651

Italian optic fiber cable company expanding in Catawba county town of Claremont with 95 new jobs.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/12/16/catawba-county-cable-plant-to-add-95-jobs-in-20m.html?ana=RSS%26s%3Darticle_search&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1