Westin Aloft and residences

vdogg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Beach City Council approved the final agreement of Phase V on Tuesday night. Construction is expected to begin in February and be completed in July 2014. The new tower will be a mix of retail, office and apartment space.When Phase V is complete. Haddad hopes to revisit Phase IV, which was approved but never built.

The plans call for a 20-story office tower at the site, formerly home to The Virginian-Pilot Beacon building, as well as a separate 15-story tower with 162 Westin Aloft hotel rooms, 195 apartments and retail space at the ground level.

Phase IV plans, Haddad said, will change in some form or fashion. “The market is telling us right now that’s not what you want to do,” he said.

Here is the Article talking about Phase IV http://cbda.net/newsandissues/?p=390

• 1 year later...

This project is officially dead. I understand the new plan is another cheesecake block with a top floor cinema complex. The apartment tower and hotel project like financing which is white they broke ground on phase V because there was a office tower involved which Clark Nexsen is going to occupy on the top floor!

This project is officially dead. I understand the new plan is another cheesecake block with a top floor cinema complex. The apartment tower and hotel project like financing which is white they broke ground on phase V because there was a office tower involved which Clark Nexsen is going to occupy on the top floor!

Where are you hearing this from? I know that this is just a message board, and not saying I don't believe you, but we need links for credibility's sake.

Archived