things to make phenix city better and things we need in phenix city to attract more people to our city

kendal 8

Here is the things I think phenix city needs in there city to attract more people to there city the first thing we need is a civic center or a arena we need a civic center or arena that will be big enough for concerts and it needs to be big enough to atrract famous people to there civic center or arena because in my opionion the civic center in columbus georgia is just to small.Columbus should of have built the civic center bigger. because when you walk in the columbus civic center it just looks to small to me.And another thing is when they do have concerts in the columbus civic center the stage takes up half of the floor in my opionion the floor just is not big enough for a stage they should of have made the floors wider and bigger when they first started building the civic center in columbus georgia and they should of have made the sits go up higher to because in my opionion.The sits in the columbus civic center sit to low.Anyway phenix city needs a civic center the size of tallahassees civic center in florida because tallahassees civic center in florida is the perfect size and the civic center in tallahasee florida has 13,000 seats and has over 52,000 sq. ft. of meeting and exhibition space I will find some pictures of the civic center in tallahasee florida so you can see what the civic center looks like in tallahasee florida.

heres the inside of the civic center in tallahasee florida

graduation4.jpg

inside the civic center in tallahasee florida

civiccenterbball.jpg

heres the inside of the civic center in tallahasee florida there civic center in tallahasee florida has a second balcony with seats that go up high

BLUE_MAN_CROWD.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is alot of potential for development in the Phenix City area. However, I believe a large civic center is out of the question right now for the city. Phenix City is too suburban and dependent on Columbus for entertainment. If a 13,000 seat arena was built in the city of PC, then it would compete with the Columbus Civic Center as well as possibly the Rivercenter which is located only Blocks from Downtown Phenix City. The best thing PC can attempt to do now is lure in new retail and become a suburban shopping central much like Morrow is to residents of South Atlanta. With alot of open land and alot of highway access Phenix City can lure in alot of retails not present in the market now like Bass Pro Shops or possibly a new indoor mall or large lifestyle center.

Also leadership in PC should look to develop their downtown area into a small entertainment district much like the Broadway area of Columbus. With Broadway being only a few blocks away. Entertainment should thrive on both sides of the river and bring in alot of growth opportunities for the downtown areas on both sides of the river including; Nightclubs, Resturants, Hotels, Cafes, Pubs, ect...

• 2 weeks later...

I wish phenix city could get a large civic center but your right it probably want happen no time soon. But your also right to about phenix city needs to bring in more shopping centers because I was in shock when phenix city opened up a walmart super center and I was also in shock when phenix city also opened up a homedepot store I am also hearing rumors about phenix city is suppose to be getting a super target store also in a couple years thats what I heard but I dont no if its true or not. But hear is some ideas I have for shopping in phenix city my first idea is they need to feel in all the empty store spaces that are empty in some of the shopping centers in phenix city. My first idea is the empty space that is in the shopping center with kmart. I think the empty space used to be a grocery store called foodmax but it shut down years ago well heres my idea. I think they should turn that empty space back into something and my idea is I think they should turn it into a publix grocery store there in that empty space a publix grocery store would look great there in that empty space. And my next idea is I would like to see more stuff be built down the 431 highway in phenix city also. Because theres alot of empty land down that highway hear is some restraunts and shopping center I would love to see be built down that 431 highway in phenix city the restraunts. I would love to see a ryans buffet restraunt be built down that highway.I would also love to see a checkers burgers fastfood restraunt be built down that highway to and heres the rest of the fastfood restraunts I would love to see be built down that highway I would love to see a ryans buffet restraunt a checkersbugers fastfood restraunt a golden coral restraunt a starbucks coffee shop a chickfilet fastfood restraunt a arbys fastfood restraunt a wendys fastfood restraunt a tacobell fastfood restraunt a mcdonalds fastfood restraunt a burgerking fastfood restraunt a crystals fastfood restraunt a donkun donuts shop a ihop pancake restraunt.Now heres some stores I would love to see be built down that 431 highway also I would love to see a freds store a bestbuy store a lows hardware store also all of these things I named would look good down that 431 highway in phenix city.

• 3 months later...

streetscape project ideas I have for phenix city alabama my first streetscape project idea is 280 bypass in phenix city my idea is when your coming down the bypass where all the fastfood restraunts are and you have the wooden light poles in the middle of the bypass with the lights on them well my idea is if they could take all of the wooden light poles down and put up medal or steele light poles there where the wooden poles are to make the bypass look a little better and also some of them wooden light poles are starting to bend and lean over so they need to take them wooden ligh poles down and put medal or steele light poles there to make the bypass look a little better.

Archived