Spartanburg on Google Earth

Spartan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, thanks for the tip! Here's another tip: Put Google Earth in flight mode and fly around the building. ;-) It's a hidden feature. Ctrl-Alt-A.

I wonder though, did Google add that building, or did a local? I know there's a tool called SketchUp. What I don't know is whether you can submit your models to Google.

Oh well. Really cool find, Spartan! ;)

It has actually been in google earth for quite sometime. It was done by a local I believe. There are also several Wofford College buildings which have been done by a student I think. I think if you click on the building it will tell the creator. Sketchup is a great tool and fun to use.

I'm not sure who does those buildings. In some cases cities will partner with google to get their buildings on there. If you look at Greenville, they have most of their downtown buildings on there, but they are just the white buildings with no texture... so while they have the whole downtown, we have our one textured building. I would be interested to know what/when they decide to render buildings.

I didn't notice the building at Wofford since it is so low. I hope that more people will start to fill in our town!

Zebra had mentioned some Wofford buildings in Google Earth so I thought I'd post a screen shot. This is Greene Hall. I didn't find any other Wofford buildings, but oddly enough BB&T didn't show in GE either. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to download, or maybe I need to update. I dunno.

GE.Wofford.GreeneHall.JPG

Archived