Florence City/County Pics

Charles Pearson

<p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Courier New"><br></p><p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Courier New"><br></p><p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Courier New"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Helvetica, arial, sans-serif" size="3"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px;"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Courier New', arial, sans-serif" size="4"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 16px;">God, this is a mess...&nbsp;</span></font></span></font></p><p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Courier New"><br></p><p style="margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 16.0px Courier New"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Helvetica, arial, sans-serif" size="3"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 12px;"><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Courier New', arial, sans-serif" size="4"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: 16px;">

Urban Planet totally jumled what I wrote, and won't let me erase this mess. See next post:)

Edited by germanartist

dirt road fiesta, "the backwoods", lower florence county

dirtroadfiesta28.jpg

WOW!

Zahc, I enjoyed your Dirt Road Fiesta so much.

Those people really know how to live. Even the car is dancing.

They make so much out of something so simple.

Those people are really alive, happy, natural. They just live, instead of being obsessed with gyms and diets and trying to conform to the current, artificial standard of beauty that society has invented for us. I find it almost unearable, this unhealthy spirit that governs much of our community. It makes our existence so artificial and stressful.

But this is another, much calmer world, which the people celebrate in the Dirt Road Fiesta.

The close-up scene of the boy in the beninning is really beautiful. He's got his whole life in front of him. Everything is still possible. The young man with the dreadlocks is also very beautiful, because he's natural, unpretentious, which is rare in young men of his age. I loved how those women got down - hard. I can only imagine how church service on Sunday must be. Probably the whole church shakes, like the car.

When I watched your Dirt Road Fiesta, I had tears of joy in my eyes, because I was reminded that such places and people still exist.

Thanks Zahc!

• 2 weeks later...

County006.jpg

The last photo (above my text) is amazing! Very mysterious. I can't tell whether that's a painting or a photo. It reminds me of Monet's Waterlily paintings. Is that a red bird on the rock above the "ce" of Florence?

Red bird? I don't think so...Probably a red leaf. Was using a new camera, one I am not yet..."comfortable or familiar with its too many of everything features" since my beloved camera died after I got caught in the tail end of what I didn't realize then was a tornado about to hit a town called Darlington when I arrived in Florence at 4:30 a.m. and wondered why the the hard falling rain seemed to be slapping my face from every direction...that I literally screamed and had to run for shelter under the portico of First Baptist Church about a mile away from my hotel...Since then Best Buy has replaced my beloved camera which was insured, and I kept the $600+ camera I bought at Flotown's Best Buy...but I don't understand it and haven't taken time to read the manual nor opened the box I rec'd with my replacement for a camera I think that I at least half- understand...Cheers!

County011-1.jpg

County012.jpg

County003.jpg

Edited by Zahc

Downtown Florence has a ton of potential. I hope it gets realized sooner rather than later.

...so do I. All the Florentines I met were kind-hearted, hardworking people who deserve a lot more than Florence's powers that be are giving them...I might not make much sense right now as the candle has been burning at both ends with Pride week and Europeans bustling everywhere; there is no peace like the solitude of Timrod Park...You know you're tired when you're watching an old episode of Streets of San Francico & say outloud, "Wow! that street really looks familiar...just like our city..." because it was San Francisco...

Take care!

florence54.jpg

Edited by Zahc

• 8 months later...

TOWN OF PAMPLICO

This photo is absolutely stunning. Did you know that we have the biggest full moon tonight since 1993? The moon is closest to the earth and appears much bigger, as in your photo

IMG_0488-21.jpg

IMG_0521-23.jpg

IMG_0535-24.jpg

IMG_0552-25.jpg

IMG_0566-26.jpg

IMG_0587-27.jpg

CITY OF FLORENCE

IMG_0391-18.jpg

IMG_0380-17.jpg

IMG_0326-16.jpg

IMG_0321-15.jpg

IMG_0317-14.jpg

IMG_0434-20.jpg

The photos with the yellow chairs are just lovely, sublime compositions. You see the truth in the simple things in life.

This photo is absolutely stunning. Did you know that we have the biggest full moon tonight since 1993? The moon is closest to the earth and appears much bigger, as in your photo

Yes, I did find the moon peculiar last night. I was photographing an auburn-colored dog on Spring Street and considering crashing a rather noisy party in a courtyard (or side yard) of a double-house where college-aged kids partied in downtown Charleston when the dog owner's came along and told me the exact same thing...