Carolina Force

gman430

How will attendance fare? The games are during baseball season, and I HIGHLY doubt that a Baseball-Driven Greenville (No Pun intended :)) will stop going to the Drive games and start going to the Force games.

Oh, and yesterday I was thinking... The Drive, The Force, what's next? The Stamina? The Vigor? The Determination? Just a though... haha what ever happened to "The Bears" or "The Mudcats"?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How will attendance fare? The games are during baseball season, and I HIGHLY doubt that a Baseball-Driven Greenville (No Pun intended :)) will stop going to the Drive games and start going to the Force games.

Oh, and yesterday I was thinking... The Drive, The Force, what's next? The Stamina? The Vigor? The Determination? Just a though... haha what ever happened to "The Bears" or "The Mudcats"?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this. I thought they said that they planned to keep ticket prices affordable. I suppose "affordable" is a relative term, but $15 a ticket to sit in the lower bowl is ridiculous for arena football (especially at this level). Seriously, sideline and end zone seats for $25 a ticket?!? Club level for $37.50 a ticket? No way will they sell many tickets that way. Perhaps they will have some respectable crowds for the first few games, simply because fans are curious. But I will be extremely shocked if there are many faithful fans at these prices. Remember how the Greenville Groove had a few hundred fans at their NBA Development League games? I expect similar attendance here.

I know that we all want hockey to return to Greenville, and I truly think there is a market. But whoever does it MUST realize that tickets must be kept at $10-15 or less for even the best seats or people won't go. That's true anytime, but especially so with all of the bad news regarding the economy.

Rant over.

I understand that, but I what I don't understand is why those who are investing in this team believe that there is enough demand for people to pay those kinds of prices to see relatively poor arena football. I don't know how many tickets they have to sell in order to make a respectable profit - or even break even - but I will be surprised if they reach that threshold.

I understand that, but I what I don't understand is why those who are investing in this team believe that there is enough demand for people to pay those kinds of prices to see relatively poor arena football. I don't know how many tickets they have to sell in order to make a respectable profit - or even break even - but I will be surprised if they reach that threshold.

There are people in the area who prefer football more so than any other sport. I'm one of those people. South Carolina has a strong high school football base. So what makes you think that people here don't prefer football? Football is very popular here and just because you and your friends don't care that much for it doesn 't mean a lot of others won't pay the price to see high quality football entertainment. Like I said. I would. Anyone who thinks $15 is expensive might need to reevaluate. That is less than an hours worth of work.

But a lot of people make lots more! Greenville is loaded with engineers, professionals, etc. As I mentioned, even a high school ball game is $6. It was $10 for the state championship games in Clemson and a good crowd attended. So I don't see the point. Are you saying this wouldn't be as exciting as high school football?

But a lot of people make lots more! Greenville is loaded with engineers, professionals, etc. As I mentioned, even a high school ball game is $6. It was $10 for the state championship games in Clemson and a good crowd attended. So I don't see the point. Are you saying this wouldn't be as exciting as high school football?

I definitely enjoy football. My point is that most people - myself included - do not consider arena football to be of high quality. I am not sure how many people are interested in arena football to begin with, especially for the prices the Force will be charging.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I have a hard time believing that enough people will be interested enough to consistently attend their games.

The prices might not be low but they sure as heck aren't expensive by any means. The cheapest ticket for a Clemson or Panthers football game is more than the most expensive ticket for a Force game. I myself will be going to several games this year because I like football. I could care less what level it's at. That's the same reason I go to Drive games. It's for the fun of the game and the atmosphere that surrounds you. Oh and several former Clemson players were signed to the Force today including Jad Dean. :) Starting to look like a good lineup.

When Clemson plays Furman, or SC State, tickets are not above $37. FSU, Georgia Tech, USC, BC would probably all be over $50, but no, the cheapest Clemson tickets are not more than the Force's most expensive tix.

At the Gator bowl, I saw some fans sporting some South Carolina Force sweatshirts. Cool! :shades:

The prices might not be low but they sure as heck aren't expensive by any means. The cheapest ticket for a Clemson or Panthers football game is more than the most expensive ticket for a Force game. I myself will be going to several games this year because I like football. I could care less what level it's at. That's the same reason I go to Drive games. It's for the fun of the game and the atmosphere that surrounds you. I know there's the argument that if they would charge less for tickets than they could get more fans in the stands. They probably feel there's enough demand to charge these prices for tickets. We'll all find out soon enough whether that's true or not. Oh and two former Clemson players were signed to the Force today: http://www.wspa.com/spa/sports/other/artic..._players/13172/ Starting to look like a good lineup. :)

Oh. Oops. :blush: I thought the cheapest ticket for a Clemson football game was $42. At least that's what the cheapest one was for Georgia Tech. Thanks for the correction. :) That's cool they had fans wearing Force shirts there. Tickets for single games go on sale January 30th at 10am. Also, the only night the Drive and Force are both home is June 20th. For every other Force home game, the Drive are either on the road or haven't started the season yet.

The worst seats in the lower bowl are $15, and if you want sideline seats you are going to pay at least $25 a ticket. Maybe a few here and there will pay it, but I am baffled why the "horrible economy" talk isn't being fiercely applied to this as it always is with restaurants and basically any other development we discuss. Since the news keeps telling us on a daily basis that we're in an awful recession, how likely is it that a family of 3-4 will be able to justify spending $100+ on tickets and concessions for decent seats to the game? I suppose they could pay $7 each for tickets and sit in the upper bowl. Who knows, those seats might be the most popular. :lol:

There are only 7 home games for the Force, so perhaps the fact that there aren't multiple games a week like there can be with basketball and hockey will be of benefit to the owners. We can all agree that they must amp up their marketing between now and the opening game if they hope to be embraced like the Drive have been.

Haven't you seen the articles that the Greenville area is one of the top 5 places to weather the recession? And that our Economy bucks the national trend. Plus the media is hyping up the " bad economy" so that Obama will seem like a savior. Sorry to get off topic. But I think people will go to the Force games. Everyone is so negative about stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived