Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lmichigan

Downtown poised for revitalization (Battle Creek)

5 posts in this topic

680 additional downtown workers for the size of Battle Creek sounds like quite a coup, and so does the rest of the plan. It's good that this all seems to be part of a comprehensive plan:

$85 million project set for downtown

Today, economic development firm Battle Creek Unlimited and the Kellogg Co. announced plans to redevelop downtown Battle Creek

That there is the benefit of entrepreneurship! People from Kalamazoo frequently overlook battle creek (maybe it goes both ways) and I have to admit, while living in Kzoo I was certainly guilty of that myself. Maybe some of this revitalization will encourage a greater dialogue between the cities; the beginnings of a true metroplex!

I'd hardly call an effort led by a huge multinational corporation "entrepreneurship" as we've come to know the word, but it's a huge boost to the area nonetheless.

Might have something to do with the fact that I meant philanthropy (which I define somewhat broadly) when I typed entrepreneurship. My bad.

It's good to see a corporation investing where they began, nonetheless. Very cool.