Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

norfnative

Midtown Office Park Building

30 posts in this topic

Norfolk council approves plans for office tower

Posted to: News Norfolk

By Harry Minium

The Virginian-Pilot

Get ready for the angry comments on Pilot over the donating of city land, infrastructure improvements, and performance grant. I don't know much about the non-profit, but sounds like a good project.

That lot has been vacant for at least five years. This should be a good tie in to the redevelopment of the St. Paul's Quadrant.

There was a hotel there that had a lot of drugs murders and prostitutes. This is a well deserved face lift

Thanks for letting me know that there is a rendering now! How in the world do they call that a office tower? 6 stories is not a tower?

"textural" is a good description haha. I think I like it. Certainly will make a presence on that corner.

Kind of reminds me of a building up here next to City Center, except the one up here isn't so angular, but instead has a curved facade on the street-corner (the cut-aways and angles are all over the sides and rear of the building).

I'm glad this building will be getting off the ground even in light of current economic conditions.

There was a hotel there that had a lot of drugs murders and prostitutes. This is a well deserved face lift

it looks like something they stole from off lynnhaven. Typical suburban office building

it looks like something they stole from off lynnhaven. Typical suburban office building

I think all of us on here feel that way. I've always drove by that lot and envisioned something great going there. Oh well <_<

I've never envisioned anything great in that part of town. I think this is the best its gonna get and hopefully it can spur some more positive developments in that area.

I think this should be the new headline for this building. At least it isnt in a prime location in downtown, like the Granby lot or something....

LOL, if that's a "Tower" then my two story house is mid/low-rise.

They better have some really good security, that area isn't Pembroke.

I've got to change the name of this thread. I got really excited for a second...