Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John E

New Restaurant

16 posts in this topic

I just heard that there is going to be a Mexican restaurant at the Herkimer Aparments on the corner of the building at Division and Goodrich (one block North of Wealthy). The Herkimer resident said they will be open by the new year.

If anybody has or gets any information about it please post it here.

Thank you,

~John

Just found out that they are planning on opening January 19th.

~John

Lunch & learn time! (John, can you contact them and see about a soft opening?)

I haven't talked to them directly.

I checked at 10 this morning and the windows are still papered up. I emailed Chris Knape and he said he would check into the restaurant.

~John

I heard they will be open by Feb. 4th. When they first started working on the inside, I heard that they would be open by the beginning of the year. So it is taking them longer than expected to have it ready.

~John

I heard they will be open by Feb. 4th. When they first started working on the inside, I heard that they would be open by the beginning of the year. So it is taking them longer than expected to have it ready.

~John

Windows are still papered up so I guess the inspector hasn't come yet. I'll let you all know as soon as I find out anything.

~John

Taquitos Mexican Grill will be opening tomorrow 2-20-2009.

Their hours are:

Mon. - Wed. 10:30 AM to 9 PM

Thur. - Fri. 10:30 AM to 11 PM

Saturday 2 PM to 11 PM

~John

So last Saturday, we went to the Museum to see the dino exhibit (totally for kids, FYI) and wanted some Mexican food afterwards. Thought we'd give this place a try - after all, the logo is pretty sharp. Food was actually pretty good...my wife and I split the enchiladas after we heard there were four of them in the $6.99 order. I actually thought the closest comparison to the food was "On the Border". They made the kids a cheese quesadilla since they didn't have a kids menu and although it was greasy, it was tasty and a big hit. So the food was good, I'd go back for that. The place itself...odd. We were the only ones there for 45 minutes on Saturday at 5pm. No decor, no background music, a bar area with nothing on it, menus printed on a inkjet printer on regular paper...it just felt totally empty - like when someone moves out of a house. It was so quiet in there. Maybe they're working on the "ambience", but it wasn't what I'd look for in a sit-down restaurant. Maybe they're going for just delivery because they have a long way to go in the building right now.