Victory Commons

zman9810

This was mentioned in the Fayetteville topic a while back and I think the first phase has been approved by the city council. It's a mixed use project just south of Sixth St. on the west side of Razorback Road where Frost Oil Company is now. A portion of the lot looks to be a swampy area that might be under wetlands protection- I don't remember that being a concern when it went through the planning process.

Even if the first phase has made it through the city planning approvals it may be the first project that can be affected by the new city administration governance. It is an infill project that would be good for the city but I'm sure there are anti-development activists that are itching to rise up against it. It may be the first opportunity for a lawsuit to be filed against the city. It will be interesting to see how the project proceeds.

DSCN1200.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was mentioned in the Fayetteville topic a while back and I think the first phase has been approved by the city council. It's a mixed use project just south of Sixth St. on the west side of Razorback Road where Frost Oil Company is now. A portion of the lot looks to be a swampy area that might be under wetlands protection- I don't remember that being a concern when it went through the planning process.

Even if the first phase has made it through the city planning approvals it may be the first project that can be affected by the new city administration governance. It is an infill project that would be good for the city but I'm sure there are anti-development activists that are itching to rise up against it. It may be the first opportunity for a lawsuit to be filed against the city. It will be interesting to see how the project proceeds.

DSCN1200.jpg

I saw some of the discussion on this on Channel 16. The "wetlands" that the hippies were trying to "protect" are actually an artificial pond of water that was created either by the railroad or by Razorback Road.

Its depressing to think that good infill like this is going to be sabotaged at every step of the way by local "activists". I swear, the people who show up to protest this type of development as well as South Pass are just disgusting to me. They come up with every single excuse why NOT to approve developments that replace blight.

The bottom line is there is a large contingent of people in Fayetteville who don't want anything else built in this city, ever.

I saw some of the discussion on this on Channel 16. The "wetlands" that the hippies were trying to "protect" are actually an artificial pond of water that was created either by the railroad or by Razorback Road.

Its depressing to think that good infill like this is going to be sabotaged at every step of the way by local "activists". I swear, the people who show up to protest this type of development as well as South Pass are just disgusting to me. They come up with every single excuse why NOT to approve developments that replace blight.

The bottom line is there is a large contingent of people in Fayetteville who don't want anything else built in this city, ever.

Thanks for the info. Looking closer at phase II it will have direct access off 6th St so that should help it's attractiveness as a commercial dvelopment. I was a little surprised that a hotel would be thought of that far away from I540- they usually like to be within sight of the freeway. Although I guess Staybridge Suites shows that isn't always the case.

Yeah hotels sometimes pop up in odd places. I'm wondering about that access to 6th St. Would that access be coming through what's currently parking lot or do they own a couple of those small buildings/businesses on the south side of the street? Just wondering if they have plans to tear down some of those buildings when the second phase comes around.

Paradigm is a smaller developer, but from looking at their projects, its clear that the care about doing quality work and improving Fayetteville.

They own the building that houses World Gym on College Avenue. I think they have re-adapted that space well. I hope they're successful with this project.

Archived