Mt. Washington~the best home site!

PghUSA

20040626schinaglgarden0615c_450.jpg

This story was too good to pass up, for those of you not from the 'burgh Mt. Washington is on the exact southside of downtown rises up around 800 feet over the city vista, in recent years lots of high end homes have replaced the working collar neighborhoods of the area.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04178/337672.stm

I remember a few posts back on the Triblive.com board a local paper that when MTV was scouting locations for a Pittsburgh Real World (they had us in the top 3 of the list but decided on San Diego) they were all Mt. Washington locations.

The view of downtown was recently named second best vista in North America (second ONLY to the Grand Canyon) and thus the best "urban" vista in America!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember that business about the Real World supposedly building a house in Mt. Washington. IIRC, there was a nice house being built up there, but it was not MTV, just a local couple building a home for themselves.

What I did not know was that MTV really was considering Pittsburgh. Is it true we made their top 3 list? If so, I wonder if they might decide to come here later.

I don't really care about the show, but it would be good publicity for the city.

• 4 weeks later...

Supposedly all the confusion stemmed from the fact that a new house going up on Grandview was being designed by the same architects that build MTV Real World houses.

I doubt MTV Real World would ever come to Pittsburgh (even though I think it would be a fantastic location and they did have those Fraternity/Sorority Life shows in Buffalo) because it seems like they like to stick mainly to huge metros or if smaller... then touristy places (Las Vegas, San Diego, New Orleans). I doubt we'll ever see MTV Real World in cities like Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Baltimore, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived