New Wave radio station

gs3

Anyone heard that a New Wave (80's invasion) station is about to take the air in Greenville. Not sure if this is a new station or a change of format for an existing station. :dontknow: Hearing it will be all New Wave with groups like Ramones, Squeeze, The Smiths, Echo & the Bunnymen, Tom Tom Club, The Judybats, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Waitresses, Blur, etc. All the greats! Anyone know more?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I love indie rock - that station sounds perfect! Quite jealous & amazed, I never remembered any good radio station in the upstate - except maybe in the 80's Anderson had a good classic rock / metal station (if that counts since half the rock stations were classic rock back then). Wow - Echo & Siouxie go a long way...

As much as I love indie rock - that station sounds perfect! Quite jealous & amazed, I never remembered any good radio station in the upstate - except maybe in the 80's Anderson had a good classic rock / metal station (if that counts since half the rock stations were classic rock back then). Wow - Echo & Siouxie go a long way...

Surely there's a good station in Boulder/Longmont? I hope so, at least. :huh:

• 3 years later...

About time... I was in Greenville on Sunday and nothing on the radio. Sadly, we lost WFNX here in Boston to Clear Channel, so the lack of good music is frustrating. But major props to Greenville on finally getting this. Very cool station, but the website needs help.

I have yet to hear anything even resembling New Wave on this station. It's all Alternative and Nü-Metal.

You got that right!

So I've been listening to this new station some over the last couple of days and they have definitely played some good music. Also some music that I don't care to hear, but it'll be my 2nd radio choice for sure following WNCW.

I have yet to hear anything even resembling New Wave on this station. It's all Alternative and Nü-Metal.

Took a break from XM/Sirius over the weekend and listened to this station. Must agree....NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL, New Wave about this station. Not sure why this station popped up in this thread. I didn't find the station that good. Had my flirt with radio, and now back to XM/Sirius.

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone heard the new 96.7 "The Road" radio staion? I saw a sign for it yesterday, and tuned in. It's a "Classic Rock" station taking Rock 101 head on. Only heard an hour of it so far, but the DJ's sound extremely smooth and professional - and boy do they make fun of "dumb a** morning shows" (their words) on Rock 101.

Cool. A little competition in the Classic Rock arena.

Archived