Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jwazzz

Jade Pig Moving

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Jade Pig is adding on to their building at Michigan and College? Drove by today and saw all sorts of construction fencing up and a construction trailer parked in the lot next to Curtis Cleaners.

Does anyone know if Jade Pig is adding on to their building at Michigan and College? Drove by today and saw all sorts of construction fencing up and a construction trailer parked in the lot next to Curtis Cleaners.

You read my mind jwazzz. I went by there today and saw that it looks like the ground floor is empty now, and the Jade Pig nose is off the front of the building.

Here's the back:

3078258122_39567848d6_b.jpg

Yeah, they've taken over the old Rite Aid parking lot too:

3079394345_7cd799272a_b.jpg

Jade Pig new corporate office: Breton Village Mall. Not sure if this is temporary or not. Assume they got a pretty penny to vacate their Michigan St. office.

Jade Pig new corporate office: Breton Village Mall. Not sure if this is temporary or not. Assume they got a pretty penny to vacate their Michigan St. office.

$2 Million even, according to AccessKent, for a 7000 square foot building on a 1/4 acre site.

And the Rite Aid site was also acquired for $2 Million, closed on the same day.

This hasn't been talked about in a while, but MSU has now tied up all the land surrounding Big Apple Bagel (not just the medical office in back):

3080369972_076ed2f08b_o.jpg

The building facing Michigan St. next to Bagel Beanery is pretty nondescript with no street signage.

Any idea why Spectrum/MSU want this land? It seems like a ton to pay if all they need is more parking.

I hope these properties dont end up as parking for spectrum a CVS would be great in the old Rite Aid spot. In relation to Jade Pig moving I heard a story on fox saying that a company was interested in moving it's headquaters to Centerpointe Mall's old Klingman spot Could it possibly be Jade Pig?

That seems like an awfully large space for Jade Pig, unless the Klingman's section is being divided into smaller spaces.

That seems like an awfully large space for Jade Pig, unless the Klingman's section is being divided into smaller spaces.

I don't think Jade Pig would move to Centerpointe unless they bought it. The already own Breton Village... Jade Pig has a ton of properties, I'm sure they would move into something of their own (kind of surprised they didn't move into Gaslight Village).

One thing I've wondered; Since Second Story Properties is the C (Cummings) in CWD, wouldn't Jade Pig ,the W (Wierda), get rolled up into the larger company like SSP?

Joe

I hope these properties dont end up as parking for spectrum a CVS would be great in the old Rite Aid spot. In relation to Jade Pig moving I heard a story on fox saying that a company was interested in moving it's headquaters to Centerpointe Mall's old Klingman spot Could it possibly be Jade Pig?

One thing I've wondered; Since Second Story Properties is the C (Cummings) in CWD, wouldn't Jade Pig ,the W (Wierda), get rolled up into the larger company like SSP?