Hartness

gman430

Hartness is a Traditional Neighborhood Development planned for 435 acres. Upon completion, Hartness is expected to create approximately 700 residential units and 150,000 square feet of commercial and civic space. Link: http://www.furmanco.com/hartness.php All construction will be built to LEED or Earthcraft standards. Location is between Highway 14/Smith Road, Garlington Road, Peham Road, and Roper Mountain Road.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartness is a Traditional Neighborhood Development planned for 435 acres. Upon completion, Hartness is expected to create approximately 700 residential units and 150,000 square feet of commercial and civic space. Link: http://www.furmanco.com/hartness.php All construction will be built to LEED or Earthcraft standards. Location is between Highway 14/Smith Road, Garlington Road, Peham Road, and Roper Mountain Road.

Is this the land where their corporate headquarters is located? I had never realized they were a worldwide company until looking at their website. Chalk up another good corp headquarters for the area. Thanks for the info citylife. :thumbsup:

http://www.hartness.com/

They were especially prominent back in the 80's and 90's, as most residents in Greenville were quite aware at the time. That is a very enviable property for development. I used to attend the world's largest giant-scale model airplane fly-in (more info) at the Hartness property at Pelham/Garlington. They moved the show to another Hartness site near Woodruff several years ago.

They were especially prominent back in the 80's and 90's, as most residents in Greenville were quite aware at the time. That is a very enviable property for development. I used to attend the world's largest giant-scale model airplane fly-in (more info) at the Hartness property at Pelham/Garlington. They moved the show to another Hartness site near Woodruff several years ago.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

From Joe Nall 2008 Fly-In

Cool video. Some nice model planes! :thumbsup:

That's wild. I had forgotten about this, but I attended one time, too! I also was invited and went fishing at the pond on that property once or twice.

• 4 months later...

Obviously I can't speak to this project specifically, but my general impression is that the market is not supportive of new large-scale suburban residential development right now. While it remains to be seen how development patterns will be impacted by this recession, when the economy does turn around, developers who are able to start projects now, while material and production costs are low, will be at an advantage. More importantly, this is a great location for a TND style development, so I hope that they are able to find a developer who has the ability to tackle such a large project.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived