CT Sports Network Debuts

CT Sports Network

This is great news for High School and other local level sports fans.

Hartford Courant

Connecticut Sports Network Debuts

By PAUL DOYLE {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Hartford Courant

7:40 PM EST, December 1, 2008

Connecticut's first 24-hour sports network debuted Monday night, when the Connecticut Sports Network began showing replays of high school championship games.

The official launch of CTSN is today at 5 p.m., when the network will hold a press conference and go live out of the CPTV studios in Hartford. The network is showing replays of high school title games in boys and girls soccer, volleyball and field hockey over the first week. Next week, CTSN will show replays of Saturday's high school football title games.

The network is a partnership between CPTV and WFSB-TV. Comcast Cable is a sponsor and the network will be on Ch. 185 on Comcast systems throughout the state. General manager Tony Meliso said the network has talked to other cable providers and he expects CTSN to be available throughout the state in the coming months.

Meliso said the network will show high school basketball and hockey in the winter season. Besides high school sports, there will be college coverage

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

So far it's Comcast only, digital tier. Looks like a lot of HS championship repeats and some UConn stuff. I doubt they get the Ch. 8/39 game of the week. I never seen the channel, I just saw one of the tapings at the Class SS football title game back in Dec.

Archived