NWA Mall, any future plans?

Last I heard, the mall has a high occupancy rate. Anyone know if they plan for an expansion or upgrade? I would love to see the mall transformed into a magnificent two story wonder with lots of natural light, more trees inside, and a parking deck to hold everything but I don't see this as happening, ever. So, does anyone have any info that I have missed?

Besides, with all of the other stores opening up around the NWA Mall and the New mall to the north, they have to do something to stay competitive.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last I heard, the mall has a high occupancy rate. Anyone know if they plan for an expansion or upgrade? I would love to see the mall transformed into a magnificent two story wonder with lots of natural light, more trees inside, and a parking deck to hold everything but I don't see this as happening, ever. So, does anyone have any info that I have missed?

Besides, with all of the other stores opening up around the NWA Mall and the New mall to the north, they have to do something to stay competitive.

I heard a rumor a few years ago (before the Promenade opened) that they were looking at another major expansion in order to attract a high end retailer like Macy's or Nordstrom and it would be on the west end of the site. After the Promenade opened the idea was never mentioned again.

I heard a rumor a few years ago (before the Promenade opened) that they were looking at another major expansion in order to attract a high end retailer like Macy's or Nordstrom and it would be on the west end of the site. After the Promenade opened the idea was never mentioned again.

Archived