Biltmore Park

Dylan

Since there hasnt been anything on all the construction going on Biltmore Park lately, I'm going to go down there (literally right down the street as I live in Biltmore Park currently) and take pictures of everything tomorrow. So far the Regal Entertainment Group Biltmore Grande 15 theatre and REI are open, with a Hilton hotel, condominiums, a University of Phoenix(which is almost finished), and a Barnes and Noble coming in the next year.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I went and saw a movie there last weekend. Stadium seating in Asheville, finally! The PF Changs was open and had a big crowd out front (on a Sunday at lunch!)

The whole thing looks a little bit like a Disneyworld City, everything is too perfect... all the buildings the same age, and same style... I personally think it's kinda creepy... but certainly a nice alternative to downtown Asheville for those who think that downtown is too dirty and tattooed.

I'm with AsheVid -- the newness of the whole complex plonked down by the interstate is a little weird and I'd rather take my business to downtown Asheville. But I have to say that the movie theater is very comfortable. Having the YMCA adjacent to the residential neighborhood must be a great amenity for residents. REI is a nice anchor. I can't say for sure, but maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the ground floor commercial units in the multistory buildings are occupied, and it appears that the upper floor residential units are not yet complete.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I am surprised no photos have been posted yet.

These photos are from the new Biltmore Park Town Square development, as of this morning. This appears to be a good quality place if you like new urban lifestyle centers. As you can see, there is lots of construction still underway, but the outer shell of the development is nearly complete. To see a larger version of each photo, click the provided links and then the "All Sizes" icon on the flickr page.

3758610980_22a0237967.jpg

For more information about this photo, click here.

3759680278_af2df18d7b.jpg

3759680290_c1af6ef7e9.jpg

3759680314_2eccfbe1af.jpg

3759680340_5b42a9603c.jpg

3759680366_4fa8c7235d.jpg

3759824194_b3987431a6.jpg

3759824208_eebdefa01d.jpg

3759824226_1630307798.jpg

3759824254_d291fa8285.jpg

3759824310_2c2f2441c4.jpg

3759824342_24615f7042.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Yikes. Just what kind of people are you trying to avoid? I live on the other side of town (North) and I'm actually pretty presentable and friendly.

I haven't been to the theater yet but a friend has a few times. She tells me that the sound is very loud. Have others experienced this? I have a hearing problem and really loud places can be very annoying and somewhat painful. If it is all that loud, then moocow may never see me down that way so he'll be safe. *wink*

I used to live in the north end of town over near where the Hop was. I've had bad experiences at movie theaters elsewhere....one place in Raleigh was bad and at Beaucatcher a few times.

The sound does appear a bit loud at Regal 15, I wonder if it's the layout due to the way the seats sit? I went to see Potter and ended putting some balled up napkin in my ear. Not sure if others complained.

• 2 weeks later...

It leaves me cold. Yes, it's worlds better than any other suburban subdivision, and yes it is a model for how the city should grow. However... it seems like its there for people who love the soulless sterility of Charlotte but who hate the long drive. I dunno... maybe in about twenty or thirty years when the trees have matured and the buildings have worn down a bit.

• 1 month later...

Archived