Thermal Site

skybolt900

I could not find a thread on this, so I wonder what discussion has been lately. I hope it is NOT anything sports related. I would love to see a Hill Center type of development, or possibly the amphitheater Mayor Purcell had discussed. I do not think a minor league, or a non professional team like the Nashville Sounds deserve city money for a stadium. Our city has become too sports addicted or possessed so I would hate to see another stadium project when the city needs so much more than sports.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nashville Sounds new owners have just gotten their plans passed by Metro Council for renovations for the current Sounds stadium. I believe it was for four years. Therefore a new sounds stadium is not in the books for now. I am for a downtown Sounds stadium, but another location might be better.

Honestly I wish Nashville could have gotten the Nascar Hall of Fame. It is being built in Charlotte right now and would fit perfectly in that area.

As for now, I think we need to stay patient, because nothing great can happen in a down economy. Wait for the economy to recover, and then some proposals will come.

Archived