Layoffs

Telmnstr

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good. I know of a few small companies that laid off (I survived yesterdays cut, I don't attribute the issues to the downturn).

I know of someone up past Hampton who was part of a company cut, agricultural (Greenhouses and the like). He said orders dropped.

I checked last night and there still seems to be tech jobs (mostly gov't) showing up, and that gives me some relief.

I know of a steel mill in NC that has slowed down hours for workers.

I saw the 318 in Newport News, good side is it's more jobs. Bad side is it's just job transfer from South Carolina.

That's good. I know of a few small companies that laid off (I survived yesterdays cut, I don't attribute the issues to the downturn).

I know of someone up past Hampton who was part of a company cut, agricultural (Greenhouses and the like). He said orders dropped.

I checked last night and there still seems to be tech jobs (mostly gov't) showing up, and that gives me some relief.

I know of a steel mill in NC that has slowed down hours for workers.

I saw the 318 in Newport News, good side is it's more jobs. Bad side is it's just job transfer from South Carolina.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am not surprised. Mom and Pop shops do not really belong downtown, aside from maybe nice restaurants. The market for downtown is fast paced efficient and recognizable. People don't really know what to expect when they see Yorgo's. I bet the Dunkin Donuts will do 10 times better just because of the name and reputation. A Panera downtown would thrive as well, if it is well placed. Maybe a qudoba or Chipotle. Downtown needs more fast, easy, cheap, and recognizable lunch spots for the work force...and residents!

sorry to here about Yorgo's tho, it is bad news!

Archived