Welcome!

Southron

Welcome to the Montgomery forum! (Edit: I screwed up and didn't make sure that a welcome thread was set up initially, but I'm taking care of it now :D )

If you live in the Montgomery area, grew up there, or want to participate in the Montgomery threads here at UP, post here and say hello!

If anyone has any requests or suggestions for the forum, please post them in this thread.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I always read and posted in Montgomery threads. I grew up in Troy, but back then almost everything we needed outside of groceries and the pharmacy, we drove to Montgomery for it. So my family was there at least once a week. Many family members live in Troy, but several of them work in Montgomery. Also being in MGM's TV market I grew up on WSFA or as we always called it "Channel 12" and learned from & was entertained by MGM TV personalities such as Phil Snow, Dan Atkinson, Bob Howell and Marge Payne (bonus points if you know what her function was at WSFA back in the late 70's.)

Anyway, I am happy to see that MGM is waking up from it's long slumber and folks are starting to realize that there are more gems in MGM than those areas on the far east side. I mean is it REALLY MGM when it's out the by-pass? :)

Good idea!

Hey, I always read and posted in Montgomery threads. I grew up in Troy, but back then almost everything we needed outside of groceries and the pharmacy, we drove to Montgomery for it. So my family was there at least once a week. Many family members live in Troy, but several of them work in Montgomery. Also being in MGM's TV market I grew up on WSFA or as we always called it "Channel 12" and learned from & was entertained by MGM TV personalities such as Phil Snow, Dan Atkinson, Bob Howell and Marge Payne (bonus points if you know what her function was at WSFA back in the late 70's.)

Anyway, I am happy to see that MGM is waking up from it's long slumber and folks are starting to realize that there are more gems in MGM than those areas on the far east side. I mean is it REALLY MGM when it's out the by-pass? :)

Good idea!

Bobcats forever!

Exactly 1.5 hours to get to MGM. Alot of my family still lives in Opp. They do tend to go to Dothan more now. Sometimes they will venture north to shop. Dothan is just closer. Growing up we would go to both Dothan and MGM.

As far as WSFA doing childrens programming the answer is no they don't. At least not anything like Young World. I loved that show!

RSAHort, welcome to the forum! :hi:

It's great to see more forumers joining from the capital city.

I grew up on WSFA or as we always called it "Channel 12" and learned from & was entertained by MGM TV personalities such as Phil Snow, Dan Atkinson, Bob Howell and Marge Payne (bonus points if you know what her function was at WSFA back in the late 70's.)

• 1 year later...

Archived