Anyone see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend?

Danny 4 Peace

Let me get this straight if we pick on Hillary (for no stated reason), that is good. If we pick on Laura, that's mean spirited?

Like I said hypocracy will never slow down a Republican. Next you'll be telling me that GW Bush has an honorable military record and John Kerry's is lacking somehow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me get this straight if we pick on Hillary (for no stated reason), that is good. If we pick on Laura, that's mean spirited?

Like I said hypocracy will never slow down a Republican. Next you'll be telling me that GW Bush has an honorable military record and John Kerry's is lacking somehow.

I'm just throwing the usual Democrat bludgeoning terms back in your face. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Democrats - the party of the elite liberal class? The big thinkers? The book authors? The movie makers? The educators of this land? My my.. you don't say!

If I'm not mistaking, President Bush is campaigning against Kerry because he's too much of a big thinker - too wishy washy, too intellectual.

Come here to rural Tennessee - I'll show you "educated" Republicans. You know, the majority of the party?

BTW, I get to leave this pit of a living hell as soon as I find a job. I finished my last final today and get my degree FINALLY!

I can't vouch for Tennessee Republicans, but Kerry is certainly not an idea guy. he says what he's told.

Oh, and don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. :)

How does one discuss an issue when the answer to yours (and others) well thought out example with a one-line smart-ass answer like "Mean-spiritedness".

It's more than "Mean-spiritedness" to attack somebodys wife because you want your man to get elected. It's also more than that to attack a decorated veteran and insinuate thru others that he is a fraud.

Okay here's an example of Laura Bush being "opinionated" from todays AP wire:

Laura Bush calls stem cell limits fair

Speech defends husband's policy

By Ron Fournier, Associated Press | August 10, 2004

LANGHORNE, Pa. -- Laura Bush defended her husband's policy on embryonic stem cell research yesterday, calling Democratic rival John F. Kerry's criticism ''ridiculous" and accusing proponents of overstating the potential for medical breakthroughs....

Do I think she should be taken to task for having an opinion on an important social issue... no, I do not. Same for everyone else who happens to be related to a politician but is not one themselves.

I'm sorry I keep forgetting that alot of pre-teens post here.... now off to bed and don't forget to brush your teeth!

But if I'm willing to clarify that I'm responding to the type of scurriless stereotyping that liberals accuse conservatives of using, then may I watch one more episode of SpongeBob, Mom ?

Then say that instead of being an ass.

I came, I saw, I clarified. Kindly eschew pompousity yourself.

Now as to the subject of Laura Bush's tragic accident, I well recall ample attention given to the incident in the media. Apparently you missed it. And as to Heinz-Kerry, ample attention was given to "shove it !", and I am drawing attention to her disengenuity - she was not derided for her crude and uncouth remark (and her hypocrisy ... as she was complaing about incivility) merely because she is "opinionated". Conservatives are not aiming to silence her. They just don't like her politics.

Speaking of great moments in civility...Remember when Bush was caught on microphone saying to Cheney, 'that's that asshole from the NY Times' or recently when Dick Cheney told a Senator to 'go f*** yourself'?

You are right that Teresa is reeeally naughty girl.

Speaking of great moments in civility...Remember when Bush was caught on microphone saying to Cheney, 'that's that asshole from the NY Times' or recently when Dick Cheney told a Senator to 'go f*** yourself'?

You are right that Teresa is reeeally naughty girl.

You just continue to (conveniently ?) skate past my central complaint with Teresa.

Do I have to repeat it ?

Archived