Anyone see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend?

Danny 4 Peace

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Republicans and the news media where as critical to the lead up to war as they are this movie we wouldn't be losing young people everyday in Iraq while the situation gets worse and worse. When a film maker makes a bad film it doesn't mean crap, but when a president makes bad decisions, the whole country suffers. The major news media asks Moore hard questions, the kind it doesn't have the balls to ask members of the administration or Congress, then buys the right-wing garbage about the film because it finds them just as negligent as Bush.

Actually 3 theatres in Nashville are playing the movie: Green Hills, Opry Mills, and Hollywood 27. I don't know where you heard there was only one.

The first night was also completely sold out.

And Middle TN has even more theatres showing it outside of Nashville..

On opening night it was in a single theater - The Green Hills Theater at the Mall - and no other theater in the mid state region.

They expanded it to two other theaters in Nashville, and 3 others in Middle Tennessee after the movie "proved" itself to be a money maker. Its unfortunate that it was that unavailable on opening night.

Michael Moore had some impressive facts outside of the fear-mongering and milking images of dead bodies for political points.

Yet, I don't feel one bit sorry because the right wingers and Republicans have milked the other end of the scale for years now.... It was more then time for this movie to come out. The left needs some punching gloves. This is a start.

Guest donaltopablo

So did you see the movie, or are you talking in general terms?

General terms. As I mentioned above, I do want to see it for the value of seeing it. But it takes a rare movie to get me to the theatre, and this isn't one of them. There are a lot of movies I love or assumed I would love, but did not go see in the theater. This is mostly because the experience is better on my TV and couch... better sound, better picture, cheaper, volume button, pause button.

I'll see it when it comes on HBO/Starz or whatever. Or maybe one of my friends will buy it/rent it when it comes out on DVD and copy it for me. :lol:

It's getting so many reviews and reports about its reception in the U.S. in the Aussie newspapers and certain T.V. programs. This has been including some of the bi-partisan approaches to the "Coalition of the Killing" by some factions of The Democratic Party.

Only 3 weeks to go before the film's general cinema release in our cinemas although many are planning advanced screenings from July 19.

I'd rather the money repatriated to The Michael Moore Inc. coffers than Hollywood Schmaltz Inc.

I have no plans to see it. However, it is more because I despise Mr Moore, than it is the topic of the movie. It would be very close minded to not be open to the possibilty that some of that might be true. Whenever I see Moore on TV or whatever, he never has anything good to say about America, and that just irritates me to no end. That stuff about Flint is just more proof of that.

edit: oops, I realized I broke the Rules- had to remove this part... /edit

This guy is just out to make money, like everyone else in the world. He has just found a very creative way of doing that- by creating controversy.

I also heard that there were several of his so called "facts" that were wrong. They were pretty major ones too, but I heard it over a week ago, and I can't remember all the details about it.

Well, it's always one's choice whether to chose to see a movie or not. I won't watch anything Steven Segal has starred in as a rule.

However, Moore cares very, very, very deeply about the U.S., how many countries are perceiving the U.S. and about other counties themselves too.

The U.S. like many other countires is in a state of flux. In his own way, Moore is trying to ammend this.

The money he makes just doesn't go to him. He has teams of people to pay, contractors, other overheads and injects money into new projects for trying to rectify the major problems the U.S./world is facing at the moment. To be sure he is living a comfortable lifestyle....but nowhere near the Bushes, Kerrys, Trumps or 12-mill-a-film-Julia-Roberts of this world.

Speaking of his "team", it includes researchers and lawyers that have triple checked the facts for the making of F. 9/11.

2 reasonable analogies to part of what I posted previously are the U.S. evangelist Joyce Meyer and Dr Phil. They point out the negatives in their own society for the sake of reaching out and improving lives, ideally for the benefit of all.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I shouldnt comment on a film I havent seen yet but from the clips I saw and from what I heard about the movie, I think for the most part its accurate. There may be some details about what actually happened that are incorrect and just maybe somethings go a little extreme but I agree with the whole concept of the documentary. I just dont trust our government one bit. They lie to the American People yet they want to arrest the American people for lying to them. (Martha Stewart)

Here's a review by leftist writer Christopher Hitchens ...

UNFAHRENHEIT 9/11

The Lies of Michael Moore

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

To ignore the truth because of one man's excessive viewpoint - for the sake of getting attention - is sad.

Ron Reagan Jr. made a speech at the DNC in support of John Kerry, does that balance out your little article?

Guest donaltopablo

To ignore the truth because of one man's excessive viewpoint - for the sake of getting attention - is sad.

Ron Reagan Jr. made a speech at the DNC in support of John Kerry, does that balance out your little article?

There seems to be several things Fahrenheit 9/11 that wasn't necessarily factual.

I can think of at least one good example, which they even show in the extended preview that turned out to be nothing more than Moore's attempts to discredit Bush for an act that was not only not wrong, but was approved by someone who later came out and attacked Bush for his dealings with 9/11 and Iraq. Funnier still, Moore include a brief shot of the headline stating that it was this individual who approved the action in his movie.

I think the term truth is a little over used by both sides of the argument.

Guest donaltopablo

Well gee, do you think the Bin Laden's would admit to any wrong doing? LOL

I don't think anyone in this country will believe anything a Bin Laden would have to say except for the Bush family.

You don't have to believe the Bin Ladens, just the 9/11 Commission. Hell, Michael Moore basically proves what is said in this article during his own movie when he's bashing Bush for it.

You would think of all the legit things to make fun of Bush for, Moore wouldn't have to stoop to this.

Archived