Anyone see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend?

Danny 4 Peace

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, to even bring up the point is a waste of time. I would rather hear what she says about the issues rather than her response to heckling by a very conservative media person. Oh and by the way, I believe that everyone has an opinion.

Of course everyone has an opinion. And some have better opinions than others. The point with Ms. Kerry is that she is trying to parlay "shove it!" into the notion that she is being persecuted for having opinions. No one is persecuting her for having opinions.

And the real laugher is that she tells the reporter to shove it after complaining about incivility. :rolleyes:

Laura Bush has come out with opinions on different issues. She isn't attacked for them, nor should she be because she isn't running for office, same with Heinz- Kerry.

I see the the recent criticisms of Teresa as less an attack and more like a jeer against her disengenuous defense of her "shove it !" debacle.

It seems like conservatives in general like the image of the woman in the kitchen. The woman who only speaks when she is spoken to and holds the hands of her children on stage, while standing behind her Republican husband. :lol: The first lady can have a powerful impact on our country and I would select the one that wants to use the spotlight for a good cause, over baking cookies and posing for family press photos. I don't think Laura has been as active as she could've been in the past four years. There was a book out a few years back on First Ladies and what they have done for our country. It would surprise you to see how important the "complete package" you send to the White House is. I like Teresa's stand on the environment and arts. I think she could have a great impact if her husband is voted in.

Does anyone know the percentage of female Republicans compared to the percentage of male Republicans?

I view one of the biggest problems for Democrats is getting voters to the polls. Republicans will show up in full force to back their party. Democrats often don't show up, so even though Kerry may lead in total voters, in number of people who plan to vote, Bush will lead. Please get out and vote. Let your voice be heard!

It does show that Republicans won't let a little hypocracy slow them down.

Laura Bush did run a stop sign and killed her boyfriend some years ago and mysteriously was never charged with anything. Neither Hillary or Heinz- Kerry ever did anything like that.

It seems like conservatives in general like the image of the woman in the kitchen. The woman who only speaks when she is spoken to and holds the hands of her children on stage, while standing behind her Republican husband. :lol: The first lady can have a powerful impact on our country and I would select the one that wants to use the spotlight for a good cause, over baking cookies and posing for family press photos. I don't think Laura has been as active as she could've been in the past four years. There was a book out a few years back on First Ladies and what they have done for our country. It would surprise you to see how important the "complete package" you send to the White House is. I like Teresa's stand on the environment and arts. I think she could have a great impact if her husband is voted in.

Does anyone know the percentage of female Republicans compared to the percentage of male Republicans?

I view one of the biggest problems for Democrats is getting voters to the polls. Republicans will show up in full force to back their party. Democrats often don't show up, so even though Kerry may lead in total voters, in number of people who plan to vote, Bush will lead. Please get out and vote. Let your voice be heard!

I find this is because the Democratic party is a truly diverse party with more independent minded voters. Republicans vote more as a bloc of similar people, which is easier to get people out to the polls with.

Intellectual laziness.

It does show that Republicans won't let a little hypocracy slow them down.

Laura Bush did run a stop sign and killed her boyfriend some years ago and mysteriously was never charged with anything. Neither Hillary or Heinz- Kerry ever did anything like that.

Mean-spiritedness.

I can see you are not that familiar with the Reagan years.

Calling your bluff here. I do know a good bit about the Reagan years. The influence that Nancy had over Ronald is not sufficient to silence any criticism I have of Hillary. Indeed, why should it ? Couldn't I criticize both ?

I would agree that Bush 43 does not hew very well to the Reagan template, but I'm not buying that Bush is divisive where Kerry and the Democrats are not. We are already divided, and both parties do plenty to capitalize on the animus their members have for the other party.

I'm impressed Dale, you realize that Republicans are both intellectually lazy AND mean-spirited hatemongers! I'm so proud you've come out and seen the light!

No, I'm saying that both parties capitalize on their members distrust of the other party. But Democrats are the anti-intellectual and hatemongering party. :)

Democrats - the party of the elite liberal class? The big thinkers? The book authors? The movie makers? The educators of this land? My my.. you don't say!

If I'm not mistaking, President Bush is campaigning against Kerry because he's too much of a big thinker - too wishy washy, too intellectual.

Come here to rural Tennessee - I'll show you "educated" Republicans. You know, the majority of the party?

BTW, I get to leave this pit of a living hell as soon as I find a job. I finished my last final today and get my degree FINALLY!

Archived