3-yr old Hitler can't get name on Birthday Cake

suburban george3

The parents of 3 yr old Adolf Hitler Campbell, are upset that the local ShopRite in NJ refused to put the child's entire name on his birthday cake. However, they were able to get a cake made at a WalMart in PA.

Heath Campbell, who is 35, said in an interview Tuesday that people should look forward, not back, and accept change. "They need to accept a name. A name's a name. The kid isn't going to grow up and do what (Hitler) did," he said.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key words in your post are in their right mind. Maybe they just flunked history.

Of Frank Zappa's 4 strangely-named children, my favorite story is the one behind the naming of his younger daughter: when she was born, she did nothing but shriek for several days. Thus, she was named Diva.

I have an aunt who really, really got into the ... ideals of the late 60s. When my cousin was born, she decided to name him after Emiliano Zapata, leader (along with Pancho Villa) of the Mexican revolution. My cuz hated this growing up, but came to really like it as an adult...

yeah thats pretty sad. I believe in freedom of speech and expression, but when you are essentially making a choice that someone is stuck with until they are 18, then the right shouldn't apply. I was reading a while back of someone who named their child "Launa Hula Hoops In Hawaii" a while back. Needless to say, a teacher contacted CPS and they decided that it was grounds for taking the child away. CPS took the parents to court and the courts agreed with CPS that the name was degrading and humiliating to the child and a child psychologist that the courts had as a "friend of the court" testified that the psychological damage to this girl from the name could damage her for life. The courts then required the parents to pick an appropriate name (they chose Ashley) which would have to be approved by the courts. A similar thing happened when a couple decided to name their twins after cigarettes, Benson & Hedges. There was also a woman in Australia that named her daughter Ima hore and fortunately, got her taken away by the courts and renamed.

Some people out there just don't deserve children. Unfortunately there are some people out there that think of their kids as some fashion assesory or pet instead of a young human being. Unfortunately its also something thats hard to regulate. Personally, I don't mind REAL names (that goes for Adolf), but anything that comes out to a sentence, name of a product (like a tobacco or alcoholic product) or otherwise that would obviously be a humiliating name I'm against.

Did anyone see video of this? Our news showed the father discussing the situation and well... I'm sorry to judge on looks, but the guy I really really doubt he'd like me, my family, anyone in my neighborhood or the majority of my city. Too many clues falling into place made me say... hmm yeah I can see him naming his children those names.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived