Restaurant Closings?

Travo

A coworker told me today that he has heard that High Cotton, The Lazy Goat, and Devereaux's will all be closing for good after the new year. I could not get more info from him. Anyone heard anything about this? I haven't been to any of these places, but have been planning to try The Lazy Goat, and High Cotton for some time.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A coworker told me today that he has heard that High Cotton, The Lazy Goat, and Devereaux's will all be closing for good after the new year. I could not get more info from him. Anyone heard anything about this? I haven't been to any of these places, but have been planning to try The Lazy Goat, and High Cotton for some time.

There was an interview in the Greenville News yesterday with the High Cotton owner. He said that although business was off 15% from a strong first year that the restaurant was doing OK. He said they have had no layoffs or problems paying vendors. They are even planning to open a new restaurant on the coast.

When it was announced that Restaurant O was closing they said that Soby's and Devereaux's were holding steady or slightly off from last year and Lazy Goat was improving this year.

Maybe those guys are blowing smoke but I think it would be fair to take them at their word for now.

Could you share the source your co-worker heard this from? I don't see that many Table 301 restaurants closing anytime soon - if ever. Perhaps someone mistook the closing of Restaurant O (which will be re-occupied by a new Table 301 restaurant in the Spring) as a complete collapse of the company? Such a mistake wouldn't surprise me, since there are quite a few people always looking for bad news these days.

Ok folks, I removed the irrelevant posts. All comments are welcome here, and this is a website that is viewable by anyone with a computer. UP has a policy of not removing information that is posted here by users, be it true or otherwise. Rumors get brought up here all the time for new developments, so if something is rumored to close down, I view that in the same vein. Its pretty clear to me that the rumors of this thread were unsubstantiated and that Travo was looking to see if it was true. People who post here have a good feel for what is going on in this city, so please be respectful of people seeking information.

I, for one, am glad that its not true.

Archived