Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRBluefan

Gas Mileage

7 posts in this topic

Okay - I'm interested in knowing what sort of gas mileage others in the GR area are getting this time of year with various types of vehicles.

Personally, I have an '08 Malibu with the 4 cylinder engine and the 6 speed automatic transmission. My daily commute consists of EGR to downtown, which is about 5 miles of awful city driving, with 25mph speed limits and stop signs / stop lights galore. I haven't really noticed gas mileage much before, but I was doing some math with regards to my driving, and it looks like I am turning in a robust 15 or 16 mpg, which is pretty depressing (especially given the EPA ratings on my car of 22/33). I know a lot of it is my driving conditions and the weather, so I was wondering what other people are experiencing around town.

BTW...I absolutely love the car in every other way, and it gets great highway mpg. It also feels strangely patriotic to be driving an American car these days...makes me feel like a 'real american,' in the words of Sarah Palin.

My wife is driving an 05 Equinox AWD from Diamond and Wealthy to Oak Industrial and Plymouth (about 2.5 miles), all city. I think she's getting about 14-15 in this stuff.

'98 Toyota Camry. Wyoming to Cascade round trip of appx 20 miles/day. Getting about 22mpg.

I drive a 2000 Saturn SL1, gas mileage is about 22/23 mpg in the city.

Me: Ford Fusion FWD 4-cyl. I think it's rated 28mpg highway but I average 30mpg rather easily on the highway. City numbers are hard to come by but I'd wager 24ish.

Wife: Subaru Outback AWD 4-cyl. She is rated 22/26 I think and gets closer to 19c/26h

Okay - I'm interested in knowing what sort of gas mileage others in the GR area are getting this time of year with various types of vehicles.

Personally, I have an '08 Malibu with the 4 cylinder engine and the 6 speed automatic transmission. My daily commute consists of EGR to downtown, which is about 5 miles of awful city driving, with 25mph speed limits and stop signs / stop lights galore. I haven't really noticed gas mileage much before, but I was doing some math with regards to my driving, and it looks like I am turning in a robust 15 or 16 mpg, which is pretty depressing (especially given the EPA ratings on my car of 22/33). I know a lot of it is my driving conditions and the weather, so I was wondering what other people are experiencing around town.

BTW...I absolutely love the car in every other way, and it gets great highway mpg. It also feels strangely patriotic to be driving an American car these days...makes me feel like a 'real american,' in the words of Sarah Palin.