Gas Mileage

GRBluefan

Okay - I'm interested in knowing what sort of gas mileage others in the GR area are getting this time of year with various types of vehicles.

Personally, I have an '08 Malibu with the 4 cylinder engine and the 6 speed automatic transmission. My daily commute consists of EGR to downtown, which is about 5 miles of awful city driving, with 25mph speed limits and stop signs / stop lights galore. I haven't really noticed gas mileage much before, but I was doing some math with regards to my driving, and it looks like I am turning in a robust 15 or 16 mpg, which is pretty depressing (especially given the EPA ratings on my car of 22/33). I know a lot of it is my driving conditions and the weather, so I was wondering what other people are experiencing around town.

BTW...I absolutely love the car in every other way, and it gets great highway mpg. It also feels strangely patriotic to be driving an American car these days...makes me feel like a 'real american,' in the words of Sarah Palin.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay - I'm interested in knowing what sort of gas mileage others in the GR area are getting this time of year with various types of vehicles.

Personally, I have an '08 Malibu with the 4 cylinder engine and the 6 speed automatic transmission. My daily commute consists of EGR to downtown, which is about 5 miles of awful city driving, with 25mph speed limits and stop signs / stop lights galore. I haven't really noticed gas mileage much before, but I was doing some math with regards to my driving, and it looks like I am turning in a robust 15 or 16 mpg, which is pretty depressing (especially given the EPA ratings on my car of 22/33). I know a lot of it is my driving conditions and the weather, so I was wondering what other people are experiencing around town.

BTW...I absolutely love the car in every other way, and it gets great highway mpg. It also feels strangely patriotic to be driving an American car these days...makes me feel like a 'real american,' in the words of Sarah Palin.

Archived