Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Parhelion

Downtown Restaurant for a Rehearsal Dinner?

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm searching for a downtown restaurant for a rehearsal dinner. Ideally, we could rent out a room/private space for about 20 people max. The wedding is at Fountain Street Church, and, while I'd prefer a downtown location, any nice place will do (for example, does Naya have a separate area?). While I plan to research this myself in the next week or two, I figure the best resource I can find is fellow UP'ers!

I am looking for a place that: 1) would showcase the city's great restaurants, and 2) have a private area where we could dine. Any suggestions are welcome. Have you ever been to a good one? Please let me know, thanks in advance!!!

Tre Cugini has a good spot in a 4 story atrium inside the Ledyard building that works well. I believe they call it La Scala.

In fact, just last month I attended a Rehearsal Dinner at Charley's Crab. Charley's Crab is great; I would definitely recommend it.

That is easy, I would take them to Cygnus 27 or SixOneSix. :)

I have not been to the upstairs space at San Chez, so I can't comment on the space. The food of course and service is awesome there in general. I know Bistro Bella Vita has a private space as well, though IIRC it may be bigger than what you are looking for. Food and service there are always good also. If anyone is a member of the GRAM you might inquire there as well, for a very interesting venue, i am not sure how the food is. I think Louis Bentons has a private room also.

Oh..just remembered Bar Divini have some private spaces, I think they are in a gallery next door. I have not done an event there either, but their food is very good, and service always seems good also.