Grand Strand Photos

Charles Pearson

...sadly true for the 30 minutes I spent there, but then I never realized MB had a Main Street until now, where I found coffee and something to eat in small cafe open on Main. Enroute to Florence I saw that Hard Rock Park was shut down, too. MB and Conway seem to have grown into one city as I could hardly tell when I left MB and was suddenly in Conway...

IMG_9578.jpg

IMG_9614.jpg

Edited by Zahc

• 2 years later...

IMG_8057-48.jpg

IMG_8079-50.jpg

IMG_8086-51.jpg

Those guys are really braving it in the frigid water. You can tell in the guy on the right, that the water is freezing.

My favorite is the last photo of --- is it a sand castle, or rocks --- no matter: it is a lovely, mysterious composition. Monumental. It could also easily be the remnants of a giant fortress from thousands of years ago.

Your photos are so alive. That Myrtle Beach rocks! The sign in the background of several photos says it all: Go bold or go home.

Myrtle Beach is full of excitement, good fun and friendly people. Our Reunion, which has been the talk of tiny JOHNSONVILLE where gossip travels quickly, was such a success we're planning another for 2014.

Edited by Zahc

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, Spartan said:

I've always liked the old part of Myrtle Beach. Their downtown has a cool festival-like atmosphere that you can't find anywhere else.

I agree with you.  Discovered another side of the Beach in search of a Bank of America I needed to go into that day...which, unfortunately, I discovered Florence kicked all of them out of town and replaced with "Southgate???" or something like that where their Bank of America used to be.  The closest Bank of America while visiting Florence is in Conway, Myrtle Beach, and of course, Charleston.