I10 widening to start tomorrow!

all2neat

• 11 months later...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plans are being drawn to widen I10 from Highland to LA73.

That would be nice...there was a very nasty accident on that stretch last year.

Hope it includes a center barrier.

Wanted to revive this thread after nearly a year since we were talking about it on I-12 thread...

Would hope I-10 is widened at least to Tanger Mall...

I think the center barriers will happen soon; about 23 miles of it to St.James Parish...guessing this is up to Highland Road; but not sure??

• 4 months later...

As i said in above Post #25...Can not believe they are keeping I-10 ONLY 2 LANES west-bound at Split from the off ramp to I-12; overpass; to the merge at 10/12...no extra lane...another bottleneck?? Was it too difficult to implement extra lane merging unto I-12 or the overpass??

Article also mentions I-12 being completed from Juban Rd to Walker by mid 2013'...the extra lanes from O'Neal Lane to Juban have been a big help during rush hour traffic. Hope I-10 helps this much too!

Interstate 10 widening may finish by year-end

http://theadvocate.com/home/4390975-125/interstate-widening-may-finish-by

Won't let me copy pic

I actually think it's for the best that you don't have 3 lands filing into I-10 east after the split.

That limits the amount of traffic that can enter the freeway at that point, and turns the I-12 west flyover into a no merge lane.

During morning rush hour, at least 30% of the traffic on I-10 at that section came from I-12.....and a good portion of that exits at Essen.

I wouldn't want to be around when ever they have to widen that flyover.

State decides against widening I-10 between split and bridge

Capitol news bureau

November 12, 2012

The state has dropped plans to seek ways to widen Interstate 10 between the Mississippi River Bridge and the I-10/12 split, a top state official said Friday.

“It would be a very expensive endeavor,” said Sherri LeBas, secretary of the state Department of Transportation and Development.

The issue has sparked controversy for years.

An earlier bid to widen the corridor died amid criticism from Perkins Road overpass business owners, neighborhood leaders and others.

http://theadvocate.com/home/4387764-125/state-decides-widening-i-10-between?utm_source=Center+for+Planning+Excellence+List&utm_campaign=1354a76f30-PITN-6-18-2012&utm_medium=email

*Edit: Looks like Cajun already posted in "Proposed I-410" thread...

• 1 month later...

Here's a quote I agree with from the link above.

"The Government needs to install another Exit plus Entrance Lane onto I-10 East to Siegen Lane Market Place. North Mall Drive along the back of Sams and Walmart* runs just alongside I-10 East. It would be very easy to add another exit and entrance lane onto I-10 East, which would greatly alleviate the traffic at the intersection of I-10 Overpass and Siegen."

What lane on the AP side are you talking about?

I think Mall drive (by the old Tinseltown) needs to connect to Pecue at the very least.

A freeway interchange may be needed given the abundance of still undeveloped space and the complete nightmare that entire development is for traffic already.

I think Mall drive (by the old Tinseltown) needs to connect to Pecue at the very least.

A freeway interchange may be needed given the abundance of still undeveloped space and the complete nightmare that entire development is for traffic already.

When the Pecue interchange is complete, it will probably have a similar problem as the Siegen entrance. As that area grows and grows, more and more people will use that Pecue entrance, a direct entrance would be suitable. I'm sure that land will be built up relatively soon.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Antrell Williams" data-cid="1248693" data-time="1355933879"><p>

Here's a quote I agree with from the link above.<br />

"The Government needs to install another Exit plus Entrance Lane onto I-10 East to Siegen Lane Market Place. North Mall Drive along the back of Sams and Walmart* runs just alongside I-10 East. It would be very easy to add another exit and entrance lane onto I-10 East, which would greatly alleviate the traffic at the intersection of I-10 Overpass and Siegen."<br />

<br />

<br />

What lane on the AP side are you talking about?</p></blockquote>

Are there not plans to extend the third lane to the Geismar exit? Pretty sure it's in the works.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="cajun" data-cid="1248711" data-time="1355936811"><p>

I'd like to see Pecue remain mostly residential or light commercial, but that isn't what will happen an well all know it. <br />

<br />

"Our kingdom for sales tax revenue" :)</p></blockquote>

Nope. If there's a lot then there is a great chance a fast food or bank or daiquiri shop will be built.

Are there not plans to extend the third lane to the Geismar exit? Pretty sure it's in the works.

Not as far as I know. No signs of construction in sight. Traffic does seem to be getting heavier to the Hwy. 30 exit.

I'd like to see Pecue remain mostly residential or light commercial, but that isn't what will happen an well all know it.

"Our kingdom for sales tax revenue" :)

Ehh. It's mostly residential now, but with so many people nearby, it's a given that a Walgreens or Racetrac will open up.

The state is planning widening I10 from Highland to LA73 which is the next exit after Highland which is 6 miles. If they can get the three lanes to that point it should serve the area well into the future. For the sake of hurricane evacuations I'd love to see it three laned all the way to Kenner but with a couple of very long swamp bridges I doubt it will happen. With that said though, I think the state would get a bigger impact widening airline from Coursey to Gonzales.

The state is planning widening I10 from Highland to LA73 which is the next exit after Highland which is 6 miles. If they can get the three lanes to that point it should serve the area well into the future. For the sake of hurricane evacuations I'd love to see it three laned all the way to Kenner but with a couple of very long swamp bridges I doubt it will happen. With that said though, I think the state would get a bigger impact widening airline from Coursey to Gonzales.

That's nice. Widening Airline would have a bigger impact but widening every road won't help in the future.

Would like to see additional  lanes for I-10 extended to Tanger Mall/Hwy 30

Widening Airline Hwy from Coursey to Gonzales sounds like a great idea! Not sure how they would pull that off in Prarieville unless they take out those mighty old Oak trees at the curve?? Widening Airline north of Florida Blvd to I-110 would also be nice!

It was in the newspaper a while back........South Mall Drive(Siegen MarketPlace) is supposed to be extended to Pecue Lane...just not sure when?? And possible extention of Reiger Road(North of I-10) to Pecue as well....

Would like to see additional  lanes for I-10 extended to Tanger Mall/Hwy 30

Widening Airline Hwy from Coursey to Gonzales sounds like a great idea! Not sure how they would pull that off in Prarieville unless they take out those mighty old Oak trees at the curve?? Widening Airline north of Florida Blvd to I-110 would also be nice!

It was in the newspaper a while back........South Mall Drive(Siegen MarketPlace) is supposed to be extended to Pecue Lane...just not sure when?? And possible extention of Reiger Road(North of I-10) to Pecue as well....

I like all of these ideas.

I don't think the oak trees would be a problem, honestly, for safety they should be removed anyway but if they needed to be preserved there is room the the outside also. Luckily until you get to gonzales there is plenty of room to work with and land acquisitions would be pretty painless I'd assume. the trickiest part I think would be siegen/airline/coursey.

• 1 month later...

Archived