I10 widening to start tomorrow!

all2neat

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The stretch from College going East to Essen is nice with the additional lanes. The exit lane from Essen to Bluebonnet will help as well.

Yes, in a city, there is no reason for an on-ramp not to continue as the offramp for the next exit. It significantly helps traffic.

Yes, in a city, there is no reason for an on-ramp not to continue as the offramp for the next exit. It significantly helps traffic.

I agree with that completely.

I'd have liked to see that between Range and O'Neal, Sherwood and Airline, La415 and La1 on the West Bank, etc. It would help eliminate the need for those ramp meters where they exist now.

Would like to see additional lanes for I-10 extended to Tanger Mall/Hwy 30

Widening Airline Hwy from Coursey to Gonzales sounds like a great idea! Not sure how they would pull that off in Prarieville unless they take out those mighty old Oak trees at the curve?? Widening Airline north of Florida Blvd to I-110 would also be nice!

It was in the newspaper a while back........South Mall Drive(Siegen MarketPlace) is supposed to be extended to Pecue Lane...just not sure when?? And possible extention of Reiger Road(North of I-10) to Pecue as well....

I think the Reiger connection to Pecue is part of the Pecue interchange project.

It's probably closer to opening than the South Mall extension.

Wonder when the Pecue interchange project will begin??

Have been saying a continuous/on-ramp-off ramp lane is needed for I-12 from Airline Hwy to O'Neal Lane.

Those ramp meters are so stupid...What a waste of money!

Last I heard it will be sometime during the summer of 2014!

Plans do change though, so I don't know. Wish it could get here sooner to relieve traffic off siegen!

I've always noticed that people don't know how to merge, leave no gaps, and end up forcing their way into traffic, causing slow downs in the far right lane. It's exacerbated by overly defensive drivers on the interstate.

Zipper merging is a concept completely lost on Baton Rouge drivers. I think the ramp meters remedy that a little, making the far right lane actually useful by forcing the merging traffic to leave gaps. You no longer have 20 or 30 cars merging at once, forcing drivers in the right lane to slow down, stop, or move left.

I was skeptical at first, but I think I support ramp meters after seeing the improvements in traffic flow on I-12 during the morning rush.. I wish they existed on the particular stretch of freeway that I use in Atlanta now.

It's no substitute for "no merge" lanes, but it's a cheap fix that seems to work well when there is capacity for the traffic. It helps to regulate the rate in which cars enter the freeway. Obviously it doesn't do anything if the interstate is already completely clogged.

I know the Denham drivers hate it, but Range ave dumps more traffic onto I-12 than any other artery east of Essen. It's needed there more than any other place. If they knew how to merge, the meters would not be needed.

My drive home yesterday was one of the smoothest in a long time. I didn't slow down below the speed limit until I got past Siegen. Once the remaining work is done this spring it will be a huge improvement to traffic in the area. I have noticed though that especially the Siegen off ramp east bound is much more stacked. It further demonstrates the need for surface street improvements, connectivity, and interstate widening all needed to occur. I really home Airline hwy is in the future.

My drive home yesterday was one of the smoothest in a long time. I didn't slow down below the speed limit until I got past Siegen. Once the remaining work is done this spring it will be a huge improvement to traffic in the area. I have noticed though that especially the Siegen off ramp east bound is much more stacked. It further demonstrates the need for surface street improvements, connectivity, and interstate widening all needed to occur. I really home Airline hwy is in the future.

To be fair the seigen intersection is/was/always will be a cluster f***. Whoever designed that should be fired and forced to drive thru it at 8am and 5pm.

My drive home yesterday was one of the smoothest in a long time. I didn't slow down below the speed limit until I got past Siegen. Once the remaining work is done this spring it will be a huge improvement to traffic in the area. I have noticed though that especially the Siegen off ramp east bound is much more stacked. It further demonstrates the need for surface street improvements, connectivity, and interstate widening all needed to occur. I really home Airline hwy is in the future.

I work in the area everyday, I have to drive in that mess during rush hour. Reiger Rd would be a really well suited road to mimic a feeder or frontage road for I-10.

Press release for the opening of two new driving lanes on I10.

http://www.dotd.la.gov/pressreleases/release.aspx?key=2208

Other than the normal kiss butt quotes from everyone the key take aways from the article are that bids will be accepted soon to widen I12 from Walker to Satsuma.

Also, I10 will be widened from Highland to Hwy 22 in three phases according to Geaux Wider's facebook page.

Press release for the opening of two new driving lanes on I10.

http://www.dotd.la.gov/pressreleases/release.aspx?key=2208

Other than the normal kiss butt quotes from everyone the key take aways from the article are that bids will be accepted soon to widen I12 from Walker to Satsuma.

Also, I10 will be widened from Highland to Hwy 22 in three phases according to Geaux Wider's facebook page.

WOW all the way to Hwy 22?! Look at Louisiana thinking ahead for once.

Good deal! Thought if they could widen I-10 to Tanger Mall..may as well go ahead to Hwy22...wonder if they ever upgrade Sunshine Bridge & have HwyLa1 becoming a westbank express/bypass??

Soon it will be widened to the Spillway. Wonder how much it would cost to widen the spillway itself?

I was just thinking this a couple days ago about LA 1. Hopefully with a bridge near Brightside. Gardere wouldn't be a bad choice if it weren't for the bend in the river. Don't get me started on roads and freeways...

A bridge below Brightside/RiverBend subdivision would be ideal for the southern-bypass...however the residents of Addis/Brusly have already tried to shoot that idea down.

Hard to imagine ever seeing the Spillway Bridge widened to 3-lanes...that's one looong bridge!

When the westbank grows more, and I have reason to believe it will, they will probably be at least a little in favor of a new bridge.

Eventually the Atchafalaya Basin bridge will need it as well, traffic already gets pretty heavy and often comes to a dead stop.

Archived