I10 widening to start tomorrow!

all2neat

i6yvbm.png

This doesn't even show the Grand Parkway (3rd loop) around the city.

It's only the central loops and a bit old...lol

The city have a under used second bridge in NBR, so if we get another bridge that would be 3. I don't think another bridge will solve the traffic problem a lot of people think it would fix the problem, but I think another thing we can be done the bridge we have. Currently bridges we have can have 2 express lanes and more people need to used the old bridge. Airline Hwy need to be used more to connect to the old bridge.

Because no one goes to NBR. Why would people drive another ten minutes to get to a bridge that brings them further away from where they wanted to go. You have to understand people do not go to NBR and many are not willing to. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because no one goes to NBR. Why would people drive another ten minutes to get to a bridge that brings them further away from where they wanted to go. You have to understand people do not go to NBR and many are not willing to.

I have a relative who lives on the other side of Lafayette who had tickets to the recent Taylor Swift concert at Tiger Stadium. She took Hwy 190 to the "Old Bridge" and I-110 south through downtown. She saved HOURS off of her trip and seemed extremely happy to not to have to cross the New Bridge.

I, however, have not heard about her evacuation experience from Tiger Stadium afterward. Haha!

Dallas is adding the express lanes on I-35E and I-635. They have parts of it open on I-35E. My understanding is the pricing is variable so during rush hour it will cost you more than say 2AM.

In terms of BR, I think stacking the interstate is a good idea from college to the river. One of the reasons for the congestion is you have a 3 lane I-12 west merging with a 3 lane I-10 west. The amount of traffic that loops back to I-12 east or I-10 east is minimal in comparison to the traffic that continues westbound on I-10. Within about a mile the interstate is back down the three lanes. During peak usage you almost have to have super bad congestions. After you get down the three lanes only a mile or two later you go down to two lanes through the split with I-110.

As far as bridges are concerned,  I think a new one in the southern part of the parish is warranted so long as it's part of a bypass that connects I-12 south around the bottom back to I-10. I also think the "new" bridge needs to have a sister bridge added beside it so they can have 5 free flowing lanes from LA-415 to the 10/12 eastbound split. If you have to stack the interstate to make this happen so be it.

Any new tolls need to be done cashless. using the toll systems in Dallas is very easy and you don't have to slow down. They snap a picture of the license plate and send you a bill. If you have a toll tag, which is basically a sticker in the window you get a discounted rate and pay your bill as you drive through the toll gate. All of this is done while going 70MPH.

• 2 weeks later...

BRT System that could be used in Baton Rouge                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            lagos-bus.jpg

Archived